online knife dealers

PDA

frayluisfan
December 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
Dear All,

I'm pretty new to the area of "nice" knives, and have decided on getting a new Spyderco Delica 4. The problem is that no one in my area seems to have 'em. Do y'all have any experience with online knife dealers? What ones have you had good experience with? Are there any to avoid?

Many thanks in advance!

frayluisfan

If you enjoyed reading about "online knife dealers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
modifiedbrowning
December 20, 2007, 10:05 PM
Checkout:

www.newgraham.com
www.1sks.com
www.gpknives.com

I have not dealt with any of them, but all three have a good reputation.
Also check out www.bladeforums.com for plenty of information.

markk
December 20, 2007, 10:35 PM
www.knifecenter.com (http://www.knifecenter.com) has great prices and service...

rnr4me
December 21, 2007, 11:05 AM
I've dealt w/ New Grahm and Knifecenter. Both very good. Also check out www.888knivesrus.com . They're good to deal w/ too. ...and check out bladeforums.com for good knife info.

CZ.22
December 21, 2007, 11:55 AM
SMKW- eknifeworks.com may not have the best prices, but they have good selection and good service

frayluisfan
December 21, 2007, 08:27 PM
Hi, guys.

A special thanks to all of you for your suggestions. On the basis of two positive recommendations of New Graham, I checked into them a bit. Turns out they had exactly what I wanted and were a (semi) short drive away. Took my son up to their store today (very odd by the way--pharmacy, soda shop, gift shop, and knife shop under one roof. ODD combination!! :) ). We had a great father-son time, and now a lovely new Spyderco is snuggled securely in my pocket as I type. (contented sigh).

Thanks again for the help! Much appreciated!

frayluisfan

okienate
December 21, 2007, 08:31 PM
Bladehq.com rocks. They have huge selection and their deals tend to be among the price leaders on the net.

Service is fast. Each time I order product from them, I've selected standard delivery (USPS) and received my order in excellent condition with blazing speed. Order on Monday night, see it in my mailbox on Wednesday.

Not sure if they'll have exactly what you're looking for, but they are worth a shot.

JTW Jr.
December 22, 2007, 12:20 AM
http://www.knifeworks.com/ great prices.

Corndogg
December 22, 2007, 02:11 AM
www.knifecenter.com has great prices and service...

i normally start my searches here, and have used them quite a bit. even when they dont have the lowest prices, which they often do, their customer service more than makes up for it.

Super J
February 7, 2008, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the tips

Don Gwinn
February 7, 2008, 12:47 AM
Since the link didn't work above, I'll put it here again. I never miss a chance to plug Grand Prairie Knives:

www.gpknives.com

If you enjoyed reading about "online knife dealers" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!