AR-15 carbine broken down lengths

PDA

marktx
December 20, 2007, 11:46 PM
Seems like an easy enough thing to find but so far it has eluded me. Can someone please tell me the separate lengths of a complete upper (16" barrel carbine) and a lower with either a fixed stock or w/ collapsible extended? Thanks much :)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 carbine broken down lengths" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
newsavageowner
December 21, 2007, 12:44 AM
I have a Rock River 16" Carbine...
Upper with standard flash hider: 24 & 3/4"
Lower Collapsed: 15"
Lower Extended: 18 & 7/8"

ants
December 21, 2007, 01:38 AM
Not including scope, my upper is 25.375". That includes EGW compensator (1/4" longer than standard flash hider) and ambidextrous charging handle latch. The scope makes the upper an inch longer.
The lower is 15" with buttstock collapsed and 18" extended, that includes the 1/4" slip-on butt pad.
This is a carbine I built from parts. The stock is a generic no-name 3-position collapsible. The barrel is a military contract M-4 profile.

Are you trying to fit it into a hard case?

marktx
December 21, 2007, 07:24 PM
Yes, want to get it into the smallest possible pelican (or similar style) case. Doesn't look like Pelican makes anything that would work really well, they have a 38 inch rifle case but then you might as well leave it together. All the others are either much deeper or wider.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR-15 carbine broken down lengths" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!