Recommend a Pepper Spray? (crosspost)

PDA

doc540
December 21, 2007, 10:52 AM
I've seen "X2" recommended here, but I've been unable to find it available for civilian (Texas) sale.

What do you recommend in a small, purse/car carry pepper spray?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend a Pepper Spray? (crosspost)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Black Knight
December 21, 2007, 11:06 AM
Check out Gall's Inc.. They are one of the largest police supply dealers in the country. Their web site is www. galls.com. They have what the police use. The stuff you get at the Wal-Mart, K-Mart, gas stations, 7-11's and the like is watered down for liability purposes. Go with what the protectors use. The largest size for your purpose would be the MKIII size, its about 2-3 ounces. Good luck, stay safe, and may you carry it but never need to use it.

benEzra
December 21, 2007, 11:10 AM
Fox Labs medium fogger, 2-oz.

www.selfdefenseproducts.com

doc540
December 21, 2007, 11:14 AM
Thanks for the responses.

What advantage does the fog application have over the spray (besides the obvious: spray must be more accurately aimed)?

I'm learning as I go here.

wdlsguy
December 21, 2007, 11:15 AM
I'm carrying a small cannister of Sabre Red (http://www.sabrered.com/servlet/the-80/POCKET-PEPPER-SPRAY-REFILL/Detail) right now.

doc540
December 21, 2007, 12:13 PM
Thanks for moving this to a forum I'd completely overlooked.

If you enjoyed reading about "Recommend a Pepper Spray? (crosspost)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!