Customer Service !!

PDA

Twud
December 22, 2007, 08:31 AM
Last week I ordered some bits and pieces from Sinclair International in anticipation of my new custom showing up. As I know the neck diameter I thought I could at least turn a few necks.
Yesterday my wife came home form work with a mutilated box in her hands from Sinclair. The UPS guy is supposed to leave packages where my dogs can't get them, but seems to have a thing for feeding cardboard to my animals. Anyway, I check the remaining contents of the
box and only find an expander mandrel missing. (Lab probably ate it)
I look around the yard and can't find it. As it turns out I need the expander mandrel so that my cases will fit the turning mandrel in my neck turner. Couple hours later I went out and looked again, no dice.
So I call Sinclair to order another. The sales rep that answers the phone thought the story was pretty amusing, as did I. I picked his brain for a few minutes and then, credit card in hand, said I'd like to order another mandrel. Ah don't worry about it he says we'll send you one right out. No, I told him this was not your fault. It's OK he says, these things happen.
I don't know about anyone else, but this kind of customer relations is unheard of to me. They were under absolutely no obligation to send me one for free. This is why I'll pay a little more to deal with them. For a guy like me who is just getting into turning necks their tech support is priceless. All their reps are very experienced shooters and have always been more than willing to answer my stupid questions. Sinclair International is first rate.
Mark
www.sinclairintl.com

If you enjoyed reading about "Customer Service !!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
December 22, 2007, 09:31 AM
Most of the folks at Sinclair are shooters. Yea, they are proud of their stuff, but it is great stuff, and they are great to deal with. AC

dakotasin
December 22, 2007, 11:20 AM
my dealings w/ sinclair have all been first rate, and their tech support is awesome.

doc2rn
December 22, 2007, 11:25 AM
Wow makes me wish I didn't live in a college apt so I could reload.

If you enjoyed reading about "Customer Service !!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!