Hodgdon Reloading Data Site Down??

PDA

ArchAngelCD
December 23, 2007, 12:17 AM
For the past 2 days I've been unable to connect to Hodgdon's Reloading Data Center (http://data.hodgdon.com/). Has anyone else noticed this or had this problem too?

If you enjoyed reading about "Hodgdon Reloading Data Site Down??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ReloaderFred
December 23, 2007, 12:24 AM
Yep, it's down. Even tried going in through the back door, and it's down, too.

That's why I like printed manuals, they never go down.............

Fred

scrat
December 23, 2007, 12:47 AM
what are you looking for.

http://www.reloadammo.com/reload.htm

try this. i have a bunch of hogdon imr and winchester load data books.

ArchAngelCD
December 23, 2007, 01:32 AM
scrat,
I'm not really looking for anything. Sometimes I like to verify something I'm writing by looking at the site to make sure I don't post something incorrectly.

ReloaderFred,
I hear ya on the printed stuff and I agree. Sometimes it's just easier to check the Hodgdon site while on this forum instead of going downstairs to the basement to look through the books.

Walkalong
December 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
I have all the powder manufactures data downloaded and saved (all that I could find) as well as printed out and put in my three ring binder with all my data, along with burn rate charts etc. Plus my manuals in my desk drawer.

http://www.thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=69650&d=1198426056

scrat
December 23, 2007, 10:57 AM
i hear you

i still keep those little books handy. sometimes i dont want to turn on the computer. First thing to do usually in the month of february. get on all the sites and order new manuals. Everyone will send them out to you for free.

stovepipe699
December 23, 2007, 04:24 PM
I guess I'm not the only one who can't access the site. I print off everything I reload for, but I like to snoop in there and compare other calibers. I hope they fix it soon.

ReloaderFred
December 23, 2007, 07:31 PM
It's back up now.

Hope this helps.

Fred

ArchAngelCD
December 24, 2007, 04:30 PM
Like I said, I also have a book like Walkalong's. I actually have several, one each for handguns, rifles and "special" round data. (old stuff not used much)

I also printed out the data form different manufacturer's sites and added burn rate charts and data sheets with Chrono and accuracy data. It would be a shame to do all that work and not have it recorded somewhere. LOL

tuck2
December 24, 2007, 05:33 PM
http://data.hodgdon.com This works

ArchAngelCD
December 24, 2007, 10:57 PM
tuck2,
That's the same exact link I posted above. It was down for several days but it's back up now.

41 Mag
December 25, 2007, 07:19 AM
Here recently I have been doing a little load work on several calibers. Being away from home and most of my data, it has been fun to say the least. The connection is dial up and if I get 144 out of it I am estatic. Most sites I can open and then head off to get a cup of coffee before they open.

What I did was to get on the powder sites and download their info. The Hodgdon site is nice in that if you select the full range of data for a given round, then click the print button, it will open a nice printer version of the sheet, that you can print out as well as save jest that sheet to your own PC file for future reference. At the house I have just about all of the loads they have listed downloaded by calibers as well as bullet weights and powders in some of the more frequently used one.

The nice thing on the Hodgdon site is you can pull loads for their powder, IMR, and Win as well. You can do similar things with the other companies as well only it takes a bit more time as most is in PDF form.

mrmeval
December 26, 2007, 04:11 AM
Glad I got the last double book reloading guide they publish. :)
The new single book is lacking a lot.

DMZ
December 31, 2007, 12:27 AM
The Hodgdon site http://data.hodgdon.com, now ask for a user name and password to access the data, but offers no "sign-up" link on their homepage.

Any clues to how to access the data site or to get a logon ID?

steve4102
December 31, 2007, 01:54 AM
The Hodgdon site http://data.hodgdon.com, now ask for a user name and password to access the data, but offers no "sign-up" link on their homepage.

Any clues to how to access the data site or to get a logon ID?

No clue. Been working on it for awhile now, no luck.

stovepipe699
December 31, 2007, 02:17 AM
:fire::cuss:Is this a bad joke or something? Their site was really good and now they pull off this password stunt? Why would they do that? Does anyone know what's going on?

mrmeval
December 31, 2007, 05:36 PM
I don't see any of that. It only asked for me to agree to some terms and dumped me into the data.

Joemyxplyx
December 31, 2007, 06:33 PM
I sent an email to Hodgdon asking what was up. I got this back:

"We are experiencing problems with the server for the Reloading Data
Center at this time. We are aware of the problem and are working on it.
You should never need a user name or password to access reloading data
from the Reloading Data Center. We apologize for any inconvenience this
problem may have caused you."

Mike Daly
Customer Satisfaction Manager

Looks like a temporary problem. :)

stovepipe699
December 31, 2007, 07:00 PM
I received the same e-mail about the server problem. Now I'm able to access the site again. False alarm on the password.:eek:

John4me05
December 31, 2007, 09:47 PM
It is back up now..

January 1, 2008, 08:57 AM
A couple of days ago it was asking for a password.

BsChoy
January 1, 2008, 10:15 AM
Its up as of last night guys

John4me05
January 1, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yeah i got the password box too... It sucked...

Doug b
January 1, 2008, 11:55 AM
Has anybody been able to access rifle and pistol data yet?

herohog
January 1, 2008, 12:44 PM
Do any of you who have lots of load data have ANY loading data for the 9mm WinMag?

JohnMcD348
January 4, 2008, 12:38 AM
Not to hijack the thread but, has anyone been able to order the Winchester reloading manual in the last few months? I've gotten a couple of copies of the Hogdon and IMR manuals from the website but every time I go online to check the order site, the Winchester book is always out of stock.

Have they just stopped publishing it since Hogdon took over the production of the powder now? I've got quite afew reloading manuals for reference and I have looked up and printed/downloaded/emailed all the applicable load data from the website for what I use and shoot but I would really like to have a factory printed reloading book to reference the powders I use.

ArchAngelCD
January 4, 2008, 03:11 PM
I ordered all three a few months back and got current 2007 manuals from Hodgdon and IMR but a 2006 manual from Winchester. (all three were sent in the same envelope with an IMR return address) I'm guessing Hodgdon sent out all the 2006 manuals they had in stock and they don't intend upon producing 2007 or 2008 manuals. They even took down the Winchester load data pages that were linked on the Winchester site and you are now sent to the Hodgdon Data site when you click on Winchester load data.

If you enjoyed reading about "Hodgdon Reloading Data Site Down??" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!