Replacement sights for Marlin 915Y

PDA

rodeymo
December 23, 2007, 12:42 AM
First off, new poster to THR, and I'd like to brag on my 7 year old daughter for a second. I've been teaching her how to shoot a rifle, starting with a Red Rider BB gun. Today we moved up to a .22. I attached a scan of her target. She did great , and seemed to have a lot of fun. I thoroughly enjoyed watching her excitement when she started punching holes in the center.

Anyway, on to my question. I'd like to replace the sights on the rifle with something like Wiliams Firesights, or something similar. Has anyone replaced their sights on the 915Y?

Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement sights for Marlin 915Y" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ratshooter
December 23, 2007, 12:51 AM
First, welcome to the high road. Second, be careful with that Red Rider you could put an eye out.

I replaced the sights on my 10-22 with fiber optics from cabelas. I think they were tru-glo brand. I like 'em. Nice and bright. Easy to pick up.

I'd say go for it and keep your kid interested in shooting. When she has gotten good with opens then move up to a scope if she wants. If not there nothing wrong with open sights. I still enjoy hunting with open sights and won't buy a new rifle that doesn't have them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Replacement sights for Marlin 915Y" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!