Your Location?

PDA

redneck2
December 24, 2007, 07:15 AM
Just wondering. Seems like a lot of members don't put their location in the header for the posts.

Now, I understand that some of the more discreet of us like to keep some things to themselves. My location is "Northern Indiana". If you want to scour the whole north end of the state trying to find me, have at it.

I find the "location" thing interesting when we talk about buying particular firearms, especially AR and AK types. Variation in laws and all that. There are also some regional preferences.

The other thing I thought really interesting a few weeks ago was a post about shooting AR's in France. Most everybody here assumes the greater part of Europe is gun free.

So...why don't you put a general idea of where you are (if you don't)?

If you enjoyed reading about "Your Location?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
asknight
December 24, 2007, 07:52 AM
Csa :d

FMJMIKE
December 24, 2007, 07:54 AM
I bet a lot of people will not post to your topic. Never leave a trail........Oh....I am in Floyd County Va. I also gain insight to others replies when I klnow where they live.

herohog
December 24, 2007, 07:58 AM
Charlottesville, VA (ish) :p

joffe
December 24, 2007, 08:03 AM
My location is 'Europe', and seeing as the Brüsselcrats are trying to turn us into one centralised federation it'll be pretty accurate in a few years time.. Feel free to strip-search all 710 million residents to find me. :o

JamisJockey
December 24, 2007, 08:05 AM
Its funny, because anyone who's really internet savvy (I'm not savvy enough) can trace your IP and figure out your state, county and maybe even town.

FMJMIKE
December 24, 2007, 08:16 AM
Yeah........If someone wants to find you....They can find you. Especially big Brother. Everyone should be aware of that. Just like cell phone calls..... Never say anything you don't want someone (the world) else to know........:rolleyes: E-mail..............same thing..........

Smoke
December 24, 2007, 08:16 AM
SOme of us aren't paranoid.....or at least not too much:scrutiny:

Ala Dan
December 24, 2007, 08:23 AM
Read my profile, and you will see that it puts me in good 'ole (yeah-right~!)
Bessemer, Alabama~! 16 miles SSW of Birmingham, and 44 miles ENE of
T-town (Tuscaloosa). :eek: :(

craig
my location is in different places depending on who you ask.

mailing address says fl. the locals say it's lower alabama.:D

longtooth
It would be easy to find me too. We are in the phone book under our real name.

Cannonball888
December 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
Hiding in the mountains of Calumet, Colorado.
Waiting...just waiting. Go Wolverines!

http://www.cmo.nl/cc/cc-3/images/kalashnikov1.jpg

one-shot-one
December 24, 2007, 08:34 AM
on the line between deep east texas and houston.:D

steak-knife
December 24, 2007, 08:38 AM
I am hold up in NYC (until I can rotate out of here), battling zombie vampires.

For some reason, they think I am Legend.:)

Buzztail
December 24, 2007, 08:54 AM
Craig, Crestview is too close to the border to be Florida:neener:

I have no problem with telling people where I am. I even sent lat and lon numbers to a member that wanted to stop by and look at something I had in the classifieds- easier that giving my address with the way my neighborhood is numbered....I was wearing a tinfoil hat at the time, so it's all good:D

TonyB
December 24, 2007, 08:54 AM
take a left at the cow,then turn right where the old Smith barn used to be till it burned down,and you'll find me no problem.;)
oh yeah,call first to avoid the killer guard cat.:uhoh:

NY'er
December 24, 2007, 09:30 AM
Would you believe.... Cleveland? :neener:

oneshooter
December 24, 2007, 09:37 AM
In TEXAS, by God!!! North of Katy, South of Tomball and West of Houston.

Oneshooter
Livin in Texas

ranger58
December 24, 2007, 09:41 AM
just north of you in michigan.:)

R58

Biker
December 24, 2007, 10:06 AM
I'm in Idaho, where men are men and sheep are scared!

Biker

Slugless
December 24, 2007, 10:17 AM
"Bayou City" is a local term for Houston. Back in Florida we used to call a bayou a creek. Either way the city has turned them into drainage ditches.

"Drainage Ditch City" doesn't sound too good. :scrutiny:

Far west side for you Houston-area folks. Close enough to the ASC shooting range that on a clear day I can hear gunfire in the distance from my back yard. :)

I got property in the mountains in Colorado (Arkansas River Valley). Borders the BLM. The gunfire there is from my house. :)

Okay, not a house. It's a silver classic travel trailer we call "The Gunstream."

Black Adder LXX
December 24, 2007, 10:20 AM
Its funny, because anyone who's really internet savvy (I'm not savvy enough) can trace your IP and figure out your state, county and maybe even town.

I've always thought that curious as well... It's not like Big Brother doesn't know where we are... (he replied from an equally vague location)

jh9x18ky
December 24, 2007, 10:22 AM
Very rural Eastern KY... and no thanks, I have heard plenty of hillbilly jokes already.... :neener:

El Tejon
December 24, 2007, 10:23 AM
I do not put my location because I am highly tactical. True operators need to hide.:D

Zach S
December 24, 2007, 10:25 AM
I live in western NC, the asheville area to be specific.

Mike J
December 24, 2007, 10:28 AM
I agree Big Brother can find any of us he wants to-but I really don't think I want to give my exact location either. Just a little disillusioned & cynical. But I am about 30 miles SE of Atlanta Ga-probably 11 or 12 miles from Atlanta Motor Speedway

md7
December 24, 2007, 10:29 AM
Mississippi. About 80 or so miles north of the coast.

Buzztail
December 24, 2007, 10:30 AM
Zach, I have a friend in Ashville!! Tattoo artist as a matter of fact, the guy that is doing my left arm.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y35/ShaunsXe/insideleftsleeve.jpg

doc2rn
December 24, 2007, 10:31 AM
I live between Auburn and Topeka in Ks and if the pizza boy and UPS cant find me I am safe.

Buzztail
December 24, 2007, 10:32 AM
Oh boy, Big Brother has pics of tattoos that he can ID me with now:uhoh::uhoh:

wheelgunslinger
December 24, 2007, 10:33 AM
And, I used to live in Asheville until recently.
Nice ink. Very "tutti di mare".
Asheville is a great town.
Now, I'm marooned in the burbs outside Charlotte.

Dr. Dickie
December 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
If given a choice, I am at the range.
Right now at home.

Buzztail
December 24, 2007, 10:46 AM
Nice ink. Very "tutti di mare".

Thanks, but I can only take credit for wearing it- and "of the sea"? Yes, A crab and a hawksbill sea turtle complete the sleeve.

chieftain
December 24, 2007, 11:01 AM
Yeah........If someone wants to find you....They can find you. Especially big Brother. Everyone should be aware of that. Just like cell phone calls..... Never say anything you don't want someone (the world) else to know........ E-mail..............same thing..........

Or used against you in a court of law.

I now live in Sun City. I am the grey haired fat guy, driving a certified old farts car. You can't miss me.

The only thing to really ID me by is, I still like to drive fast. And I stilll CCW, so I am the guy that you will not see the Full size Government model or HiPower I am wearing. Or the Shotgun next to the bed, or the rifle in the trunk. Go figure.

Another guy said it earlier in this thread.

Not as lean
Not as Mean
Still a Marine

Good luck and Merry Christmas to all

Fred

brighamr
December 24, 2007, 11:13 AM
I currently live in a place that literally is off the map. My own family has to meet me at a gas station so I can show them the way to my parcel.

It's not about being paranoid, it's just nice not ever receiving junk mail, solicitors, etc, etc. Our power company traces my account by county parcel # :D

By the way, big brother can find me easy (I'm registered to vote).

weisse52
December 24, 2007, 11:40 AM
My tag says Utah, but currently in Ohio for a few months more.

Gunnerpalace
December 24, 2007, 11:42 AM
Just Somewhere in Michigan, wanting to go to Florida though. :cool:

The Mayor
December 24, 2007, 12:28 PM
An island 2000 miles off the the coast of California

2000mi. ENE of LA on an island where the Detroit River meets Lake Erie

People who belong to my boat club will know exactly where this is from the location posted, Grosse Ile, MI

Vigilantly patrolling the border

Go Red Devils

aka108
December 24, 2007, 12:33 PM
I'm either at one place or the other, most of the time.

Mr White
December 24, 2007, 12:36 PM
Central PA, near Penn State University and the legendary but over-the-hill-when-it-comes-to-running-a-friggin'-offense Joe Paterno.

CoRoMo
December 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
I think you could figure out where I am if you read every single one of my posts. I don't think I ever posted where I am, but I've left enough clues that you could figure it out.

Nightwing
December 24, 2007, 12:39 PM
Brighton, Co

230RN
December 24, 2007, 01:27 PM
I just posted something about that on another thread before I spotted this thread, where somebody was bellyaching about gun signs "at my Gander Mountain" with zero indication as to where that particular Gander Mountain was.

Real helpful, eh?

Growl.

r8rfan121
December 24, 2007, 01:35 PM
Omaha, nebraska

EZ CZ75
December 24, 2007, 01:40 PM
the Great State of Alaska here! It is always funny when my credit cared company verifies my address when I call. They never fail to think that AK means Arkansas.:D I just politely agree and smile.

In Valdez, nobody is hard to find. We only have one grocery store!:neener:

.cheese.
December 24, 2007, 01:44 PM
I don't know where I am..... what does it say to the left?

<---------------------- ??

ETA: ok.... didn't realize I never put my location in my profile. Will do so now.

I'm in South Florida too. Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood area

.cheese.
December 24, 2007, 01:47 PM
updated.... now all the feds have to do is track where all the chocolate milk in the area is going to.... and they've found me! :eek:

:neener:

Feds: You can have my chocolate milk..... from my cold dead hands!!!!!!!

I LIKE IT!
December 24, 2007, 01:48 PM
Purgatory:cuss::banghead:

Bazooka Joe71
December 24, 2007, 01:49 PM
Newburgh Indiana here...I'll give you my address too if you want to send me a christmas present.:)

I just don't see it being a big deal...Like others have said, if someone wants to find you, they will find you...Maybe if I was always talking about how huge/valuable my collection is, or if I was soliciting info on how to make bombs then I would be more paranoid.

deanodog
December 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
Yes I am a hillbilly.Far east Kentucky all my life and hope to die there. I live where I was born. I have never found a place I like better than my mountains. Go UK

sharkhunter2018
December 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
A small town in the middle of horse country. Sadly its not far from the ever advancing urban world of NOVa :barf::barf:.

Walkalong
December 24, 2007, 01:59 PM
Still in Montgomery, Al.. Not too far from Ala Dan and a few others here at THR.

Big brother knows who I am already. (you too) Who gives a ..... cause if big brother comes for us, we are done anyway. Now, if the SHTF, most of us are in good shape. :D

Silvanus
December 24, 2007, 02:02 PM
Luxembourg :D

Just Jim
December 24, 2007, 02:05 PM
On the left coast.:cuss::fire::scrutiny::what:

jj

fast eddie
December 24, 2007, 02:16 PM
I have a CPL so the black helicopters already know I live in Black Diamond. Oh no, here they come again...:uhoh:

Brian Dale
December 24, 2007, 02:30 PM
Government agencies can all find me. No Problem. I vote, work, pay taxes, buy guns and do all of the other normal, everyday things that we all do.

I just don't want to beg the world for more spam, junk mail and sales calls by showing my town and state along with my name on every post.

AKCOP
December 24, 2007, 02:45 PM
currently Eagle River, Wisconsin but my heart is still in Alaska,
Kodiak and Unalaska Islands.

f4t9r
December 24, 2007, 03:51 PM
no secret just never took the time to put it in. O H I O

mrreynolds
December 24, 2007, 04:23 PM
New York NY

fdgroote
December 24, 2007, 04:51 PM
Waarschoot, Belgium

1911Tuner
December 24, 2007, 04:54 PM
Lexington, North Carolina...or thereabouts. :)

Actually in central Davidson County, about halfway between Lexington and Southmont. Ain't too worried about it, since the satellite/GPS can't even pinpoint my house by the address given. :rolleyes:

jh9x18ky and deandog...Born in "Bloody Harlan" myself. Love those ol' Eastern Kentucky hills, I do.

chetth
December 24, 2007, 05:01 PM
I never thought about it before, so now my location should say "suburbs of Philadelphia". Which is in the fuzzy zone between anti philadelphia and the reset of the state.

strangelittleman
December 24, 2007, 05:05 PM
Hendersonville, N.C.

never_retreat
December 24, 2007, 05:10 PM
Kiss her where it smells. Take here to.........

never_retreat
December 24, 2007, 05:11 PM
NJ that is

tuck2
I dont know where Im going but I spent some time in the sand hills,

Frightener 88
Henderson, NV

scout26
December 24, 2007, 05:13 PM
Big brother already knows who and where I am. [Hi, Boys and Girls !!!! -waves :D]

It's no big secret, as I've posted several times my "precise" location.

Mac45
December 24, 2007, 06:33 PM
NW Indiana

Hardtarget
December 24, 2007, 06:46 PM
I'd never expect street address. Generalized information is nice. I live in middle Tennessee. I'm close enough to Nashville to see the "Bat Building" from the house. Yes, I live in the "hood", otherwise known as Inglewood. I've been in this two mile circle for 57 years. Did I hear someone say "stuck in my ways"? Sure am. :D

Mark.

worthirt_99
December 24, 2007, 07:01 PM
I'm in the Military, so I move from place to place. Origionally I'm from Chesterton, Indiana.

Edit: for those that don't know, it's in Northwest Indiana, close to Gary

TheComputerGuy
December 24, 2007, 07:03 PM
I'm from Raleigh,NC

Twycross
December 24, 2007, 07:05 PM
FT Bragg, NC. Originally from north Idaho.

230RN
December 24, 2007, 07:46 PM
TonyB

turn right where the old Smith barn used to be till it burned down,

Reminds me of Burnt Mill Road south of Colorado Springs.

Kid saw the exit sign once as we were tooling down I-25 and asked me, "Daddy, what did they call it before the mill burned down."

"Why, Unburnt Mill Road, of course," I replied, with a brilliant spark of non-intelligence.

Highway hypnosis, I guess. Duh.

230RN
December 24, 2007, 07:52 PM
Duplicate

The Annoyed Man
December 24, 2007, 08:31 PM
Grapevine, Texas; and I usually check to see where respondents are from, just because I'm curious.

HOME DEPOT GEORGE
December 24, 2007, 09:01 PM
Merritt Island Florida a few miles from the gate of kennedy space center.

boalex207
December 24, 2007, 10:04 PM
The former State Capital of Tennessee

Zach S
December 24, 2007, 10:06 PM
Zach, I have a friend in Ashville!! Tattoo artist as a matter of fact, the guy that is doing my left arm.
He missed a spot. Oh, you said he's doing it. My bad, I misread.

Looks good man.

elrod
December 24, 2007, 10:06 PM
Alabama is known as The Heart of Dixie. I stay (as the locals say) :D in Elmore County.

davepool
December 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
I live in northern mexico

sailortoo
December 24, 2007, 11:41 PM
The "Land of Enchantment". Specifically (well, sort of); east of the Navajo rez.; southeast of the Ute Mountain Ute rez.; south of the Southern Ute rez.; west of the Jicarilla Apache rez.; and north of the "Patchwork" Navajo rez. You might say I live in "Indian Country"!:D
sailortoo

Wolfgang2000
December 24, 2007, 11:45 PM
The Ozarks of Missouri!

Lennyjoe
December 25, 2007, 12:08 AM
Behind the lines, just west of the nations capital.

offroaddiver
December 25, 2007, 12:12 AM
THIS IS SPARTA!!!

sorry had to. Kinda proud i'm from the foothills of the volunteer state. Knoxville,TN.

jrfoxx
December 25, 2007, 12:21 AM
land of the ULTRA liberal, unwashed, patchouli stinking hippies (not everybody, but the VAST majority, thats for sure).....also known as Eugene, OR.We have SURPRISINGLY great gun laws here though, go figure.

FireArmFan
December 25, 2007, 12:27 AM
The Land of 10,000 Lakes. Currently 10,000 frozen lakes and about 2 feet of snow. Suburbs North of the Twin Cities, Minnesota.

gunsmithgirl
December 25, 2007, 06:34 AM
North Branch, MI for now, building a new house in Curran,MI:)

possum
December 25, 2007, 06:38 AM
currently the middle east, when i am not deployed then ft. stewart georgia

If you enjoyed reading about "Your Location?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!