Review: New Tech-Sights on 10/22

PDA

KBintheSLC
December 24, 2007, 04:46 PM
Hi All,

I just tossed on my new set of 100's on my 10/22 and took it out to the desert yesterday for a test run. So, I thought I would share my experience.

1- Tech-Sights service was very good. I placed the order on a Monday, and they arrived the following Saturday (despite the X-mas rush). Their rep was polite and helpful on the phone too.

2- The product itself appears to be of very high quality. Honestly, I would prefer steel as opposed to aluminum bases, however it feels solid and durable nonetheless.

3- Installation was a breeze. All you need is a screwdriver, a punch, a hammer, and some Loc-Tite. The front dovetail was a little tight on my '84 model 10/22 so I filed down the entry points ever so slightly, and it went in nicely.

4- Adjusting the sighting system is very straightforward. I actually set the rear sight to dead center before shooting, and it did not require any further adjustment throughout the day.

5- Good accuracy and rapid target acquisition is where these sights shine. They are very user friendly, they worked with no mods with my slip on muzzle brake, and are a huge jump up from the stockers.

Summary... If you want open sights instead of optics, Tech-Sights have my recommendation.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review: New Tech-Sights on 10/22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Review: New Tech-Sights on 10/22" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!