Browning BLR 3006 assembly timing

PDA

gnprts
December 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
I need help getting my rifle back in time after disassembly for cleaning. I have it together but the bolt does not close completely and causes it to snap part of the time. Thanks for your help.......

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR 3006 assembly timing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
R.W.Dale
December 24, 2007, 10:23 PM
there is a reason there is a passage in the owners manual that tells you to NOT disassemble a BLR for any reason.

chris allen
December 25, 2007, 01:39 PM
I would suggest to BLR owners NOT to dissasemble for cleaning.

I would like to consider my self a profession gunsmith ,and shudder when someone wants a Long action BLR dissasembled and cleaned.

The timing gear sets the headspace and can be a real bugger to get positioned correctly.It has taken me up to 2 hours just to get the headspace and gear set correctly.

I suggest you find a gunsmith who has done some BLR long actions ,have them set it up correctly.

Merry Chrismas
Chris

rcmodel
December 25, 2007, 01:51 PM
The Gun Digest Book of Firearms Assembly says, "Insert the lever assembly with the bolt in fully closed position, and with the bolt gear at the rearmost location in its track." It goes on to say, "Insert the gear and lever cross pins, but do not drive them in place until the gear and bolt engagement is correct. There should be a very small space visible at the point indicated [Rear of the bolt head, front front of the bolt carrier] with the lever closed. If the space is measurable... then the engagement must be readjusted. To do this, pull the lever pin only, reposition the lever track on the gear until the bolt closure is correct. If it is too tight for full lever travel, back it off by one gear tooth."

Should you happen to get it back together correctly again, and decide to take it apart in the future"

Mark the dang gears first!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR 3006 assembly timing" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!