family of 6 shot in WA

PDA

mekender
December 26, 2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,318462,00.html

The victims included a boy about age 3, a girl about 6, a man and a woman in their 30s and a man and a woman in their 50s, "most likely three generations" of one family, said sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart. Names of the victims were not released.

anyone hear any new news on this one?

If you enjoyed reading about "family of 6 shot in WA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FourTeeFive
December 26, 2007, 10:42 PM
Latest news will likely be available on www.seattletimes.com

Rustynuts
December 26, 2007, 11:02 PM
Perp is DAUGHTER of one of the victims and her low life boyfriend. Hope they're fried for this. THIS is why we have the death penalty. No leniency for these two I hope.

bsf
December 27, 2007, 04:24 AM
THR should just have a separate forum for multiple homicide of the day.

Rich K
December 27, 2007, 05:30 AM
A tall tree and a short rope should do nicely in this instance.

MillCreek
December 27, 2007, 08:30 AM
The local paper reports that the two suspects are the daughter/sister of the victims and her boyfriend. Disputes over money are suspected as the reason. The daughter apparently had a long-running dispute with the parents over the fact that they did not give her enough money.

RLsnow
December 27, 2007, 08:34 AM
*tear* this just really brought me down :( i cant comprehend how someone would kill family for money :(

Mr. James
December 27, 2007, 10:47 AM
Note the boyfriend's mother says this "good Christian" fell out with his family over - you guessed it - money.

Horrible story. Prayers for all involved.

jhark123
December 28, 2007, 02:39 PM
This is a very sad story, I live less than 30 miles from where this occured. Chaulk me up for one who didn't belive it would happen this close. When you think about the 6 and 3 year old kids it should bring tears to your eyes, it is pure evil to hurt/kill little kids.

elrod
December 28, 2007, 08:12 PM
The very horror of this crime strongly suggests drugs.....Where does it end?:(

Six O'clock Tactical
December 28, 2007, 08:24 PM
This is probably the most terrible thing ive heard of in quite some time. Im very glad that noone I know has such insanely deranged relatives, but i cant help feeling that these people thought the same way.

To execute your mother, and then ambush your brother and execute his wife in front of children...

Fry 'em.

Bazooka Joe71
December 28, 2007, 09:18 PM
What kind of a person could shoot a 3(or 6) year old in the head?:(

Have they no soul?:confused:

My thoughts and prayers go out to the deceased and well as the surviving family members who no longer will have these loved ones.:(:(:(

So sad...And for some money.

Intrepid Dad
December 28, 2007, 09:23 PM
What kind of a person could shoot a 3(or 6) year old in the head?

Have they no soul?

The answer is: No, they do not.

benEzra
December 28, 2007, 09:35 PM
The very horror of this crime strongly suggests drugs.....Where does it end?
Sadly, greed and hatred have proven over the centuries to motivate people as badly, if not worse.

Unisaw
December 28, 2007, 09:39 PM
The victims lived only a few miles east of me. I immediately suspected some kind of involvement with meth but haven't seen anything in the local paper to validate that hunch.

LAK
December 28, 2007, 11:30 PM
What kind of a person could shoot a 3(or 6) year old in the head?

Suppressed or numbed conscience.

Could go into the key elements that lead to this; they are very self evident. However, I do not want to divert the thread. Suffice to say that when people lose their sense of the value of human life, then it really does not matter whether it is a 3 year old, a 80 year old or a baby.

-------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org
http://ssunitedstates.org

3/325
December 29, 2007, 05:19 PM
I immediately suspected some kind of involvement with meth but haven't seen anything in the local paper to validate that hunch.
Yeah, I have that feeling, too. This might be over money but there seem to be some details missing.

Anonymous Coward
December 29, 2007, 05:58 PM
LAK, please elaborate. I think that's the question of the day.

carnaby
December 29, 2007, 06:26 PM
Then he turned to 3-year-old Nathan Anderson, the last survivor in the home.

The boy had picked up the batteries McEnroe had torn from the phone and held them up in one hand. McEnroe told detectives the child gave him "... the look of complete comprehension ... as if he understood." McEnroe then shot him in the head as well, according to the documents.

"I didn't want them to turn us in," McEnroe explained, the documents say.

Not much to add to that. :(

3/325
December 29, 2007, 07:27 PM
Altogether sad and disgusting. There is absolutely nothing redeemable about taking a life so that you can avoid being held responsible for your actions.

These two need more than just a death sentence.

carnaby
December 29, 2007, 07:35 PM
"These two need more than just a death sentence."

I don't know if they do this in the justice system now, but I suppose it might be beneficial to consider in such a heinous crime whether or not mercy was shown to any potential victims, especially children. Had these monsters shown mercy to the children, I'd hope that the death penalty would be taken off the table, to set an example to anyone in the future who does something like this.

In this case, the opposite example needs to be set, and quickly.

rwc
December 29, 2007, 08:27 PM
It's been a while, but my recollection is that in WA state criminal trials have a "guilt" phase and a "penalty" phase. Assuming guilt is first found by a jury, the jury will then hear argument and be presented with evidence as to why a certain penalty should be imposed. If the death penalty is imposed there will be an automatic appeal to the state supreme court.

The King County Prosecuting Attorney was recently elected and will be sworn in on the 7th. I would be very surprised if he didn't seek the death penalty.

dsk
December 29, 2007, 08:38 PM
This has got to be one of the most senseless acts ever committed, and trust me I've read of quite a few doosies. These two didn't even have a plan on how to escape getting caught or to avoid suspicion. They simply decided to kill everyone, including the little children, then make the rest up as they went along. Why they did it is probably irrelevant, as there's no explanation that could ever make any sense of it.

Nothing but pure selfishness and total disregard for the life of a human being. If our court system has any balls they're return the favor.

LAK
January 2, 2008, 05:44 AM
Anonymous Coward,

It would be an oversimplification to say that this or that causes a suppressed or numbed conscience towards taking human life. It must begin somewhere, and to pinpoint a beginning in each individual would be impossible.

It is plain to me though that if some key elements are examined in their emergence and timeline, increase, intensity and acceptence there is a pattern in the parallel increase in this kind of thing. Unfortunately I can also say with certainty that if I raise them for discussion this thread is going to get locked, so I am going to leave things as I have stated and be done with it. My apology that I can do no better than that.

Constantine-p89
January 2, 2008, 06:35 AM
They have no concience as most of this generation does not and will kill for just about ANY reason they see fit.

siglite
January 2, 2008, 10:25 AM
They have no concience as most of this generation does not and will kill for just about ANY reason they see fit.
^^ A most unfair, and untrue categorization. Heinous murders have and will exist in every generation.

WayneConrad
January 2, 2008, 10:28 AM
(double)

WayneConrad
January 2, 2008, 10:30 AM
Any point in particular to be made from this thread, or does the OP just intend for us to look at a roadside crash as we roll sadly by?

These sorts of threads are becoming more common. I'm not sure why. If there's a lesson to be learned, a connection to our civil rights, or some other salient point, won't the original poster please make it?

Hoplophile
January 2, 2008, 11:57 AM
I dunno, makes me wonder if the family had guns to protect themselves. Even if they did, who could kill their family members, even in self-defense?

Stuff like this really, really makes me reconsider the death penalty.

These people need to be locked up. Alone. This is the sort of crime only a truly deranged, insane-in-a-bad-way individual could commit. This is, along with genocide, the very darkest depths of the human soul.

siglite
January 2, 2008, 12:05 PM
This is, along with genocide, the very darkest depths of the human soul.
I agree. Infanticide strikes me as faulty wiring. Anyone that can kill a three year old in cold blood like that has some shorted circuits on critical wiring.

If you enjoyed reading about "family of 6 shot in WA" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!