which handgun?

PDA

oklahoma caveman
December 28, 2007, 08:43 PM
cz52 or sig surplus p6?

would appreciate known prices and dealers

If you enjoyed reading about "which handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oklahoma caveman
December 28, 2007, 09:14 PM
would also like the tokarev in there as well

Searcher1970
December 28, 2007, 09:43 PM
Military gun supply had P6's for $299. Not sure if they have them still though.

DMK
December 28, 2007, 10:10 PM
Not knowing what you want the gun for it's hard to say. I'll vote that the P6/P225 is more useful, easier to shoot and shoots cheaper 9mm ammo (unless you want to buy surplus 7.62x25 and clean up with soap/water).

The CZ-52 is a novelty. It has terrible ergonomics, terrible sights, and recoils viciously. However it is an interesting design.

The Tokarev is a much better design (which pains me to say and I generally like all other CZs), but the P6/226 is a better all around gun than either.

DENALI
December 28, 2007, 10:14 PM
Hi there, Sig P-6 or CZ-52 ? Is this a trick Question ?

AtticusThraxx
December 29, 2007, 11:45 AM
Never shot a 225 but I love my 52. Boy that 7.62x25 is some round. I remember spending an afternoon with a buddy trying to find something it couldn't shred in an old freight yard. Railroad ties, cinder blocks,steel decking....not one misfeed or jam of any kind. Mags were occasionally difficult to seat when it got hot.
Couple of hundred rounds thru it in a couple of hours and you'll know you've been shootin too. 52 has a neat roller design I'm surprised didn't show up in more pistols over the years.

Rexster
December 29, 2007, 01:58 PM
Well, for what purpose? Collecting and plinking? Carry? The SIG will be best for carry, as service and spare parts, plus holsters and spare mags, are readily available.

Bigdtc
December 29, 2007, 02:36 PM
I have a CZ52 and love it very much. With a very few mods it is a great gun. I replaced the stock firing pin with a hardened one. It is reliable,accurate,and tough as a nail which is why I carry it daily. It is a good all around gun. I have shot but do not own the p-6. Also a nice piece though. It really depends on what purpose,if any, it will serve for you. But I can attest to the '52's ability as a carry gun and it's role as a collectable...It seems the '52 get a little harder to find and mor expensive as the months go by....Good Luck.

Silvanus
December 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
Whatever the purpose, I think you will be better off with the Sig.

Six O'clock Tactical
December 29, 2007, 02:48 PM
Unless the CZ is a hell of a deal, id get the SIG.

Keeterbird
December 29, 2007, 05:08 PM
I have 3 CZ52s. Love to shoot them for plinking. With Military surplus one can shoot them quite reasonably. One does have to clean them each time and relatively soon. I don't know about the Sig. However, for a range gun that is inexpensive and takes some getting used to- the CZ52. ;)

biscuitninja
December 29, 2007, 08:00 PM
For the price... CZ.... Fix a few things on it, the firing pin, the grips, maybe rollers. You will most definitely have one nice little "bang" up pistol. I have both and love both. The P6 is more friendly, but I do like my fireballs at the range.
good luck
-bix

oklahoma caveman
January 1, 2008, 05:11 PM
il be using it mainly for plinking and just fun at the range. although it might do double duty as a ccw

If you enjoyed reading about "which handgun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!