HK USPc 45

PDA

Bo
December 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
I often carry a HK USPc 45, 1 in the chamber, hammer down, safety off. If I dropped it, is there a chance of a AD?

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USPc 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FranklyTodd
December 29, 2007, 10:21 AM
I suspect you are not carrying "hammer down" (as it would be after a dry fire) but rather hammer decocked, right? (only reasonable way of getting one in the chamber - doesn't go all the way down) If that's the case, you are as safe as a Glock - DA first shot, won't go off with a drop.

HorseSoldier
December 29, 2007, 10:23 AM
+1 -- pistol decocked should not present a drop AD risk unless there is something mechanically wrong with the pistol.

gbelleh
December 29, 2007, 10:30 AM
I carry the same gun also with hammer decocked and safety off. No need to worry about discharge if dropped.

Seminole
December 29, 2007, 12:03 PM
That's the same way I carry my USPc .40. No worries about it going off unintentionally if it is decocked.

10-Ring
December 29, 2007, 02:54 PM
No chance -- carry your HK in full confidence that it will not go bang until you want it to

If you enjoyed reading about "HK USPc 45" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!