Converting G23 to shoot 9 mm - how?

PDA

Boulder
December 29, 2007, 11:47 PM
I recently bought my first Glock, a G23. I now kind of wished I had gotten the G19.

What parts/accessories do I need to enable my G23 to shoot 9 mm?

Would it be better to trade for a G19? I guess I'm asking if there are any cons to going this route--for example, reduced reliability, accuracy, etc.

If you enjoyed reading about "Converting G23 to shoot 9 mm - how?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SA Friday
December 30, 2007, 12:18 AM
A conversion barrel and G19 mags. Sometimes the ejector rod helps if changed, but normally it doesn't matter.

I've shot Glocks a lot, and have owned a G23 since the 1st gen frames. Why do you wish you would have gotten a G 19? Essentially, it's only a caliber change. The recoil difference with defense loads is minimal. If you are having troubles shooting it, some training can help.

Boulder
January 2, 2008, 04:50 PM
SA Friday, thanks for the helpful info. The G23 is my first .40 and I'm no longer sure I want to deviate from 9/45 for practical reasons (stocking ammo, cleaning supplies, etc.).

Guncrazy45
January 2, 2008, 05:47 PM
Here's how I'd do it:

Magazines (http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=116453&t=11082005)

Carbine Conversion Unit (http://mechtechsys.com/glock.html)

GRIZ22
January 2, 2008, 09:28 PM
It would probably be cheaper to buy another gun.

Quack
January 2, 2008, 10:38 PM
a conversion barrel, mags, and ejector (not necessary though)

i did the .40 to 9mm on my G24 since i found a deal on a NIB G24 and the G17L's were rare (at the time) i got in on a group buy for a KKM barrel. i had the other parts laying around. i have 1000's of rounds through this setup, and never had any problems. the reason that i used the 9mm ejector wsa because i shoot 9mm most of the time.

If you enjoyed reading about "Converting G23 to shoot 9 mm - how?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!