9mm question

PDA

ammopoor
December 30, 2007, 12:26 AM
I'm a newbie and will be getting my press this coming week. My question is when loading a bullet and the actual recipe cannot be found for specific components what is the general rule of thumb? I'm wanting to load a 9MM Magtech 124 grain FMJ with w231 in once fired brass using cci primers. I'm getting a speer 14th edition rloading book with the rest of my supplies are these books brand specific?

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The-Fly
December 30, 2007, 01:32 AM
While I am no expert, I wouldn't worry too much about the brand of primer your using, as long as its the right one (small pistol, non magnum). I do load 124gr 9mm with W231, so here's my load.

124gr FMJ, 4.6gr of W231. Does about 1100fps out of my G34.

This is a full powered load (but well with in limits, book max is 4.8gr). If you want something a bit more tame, drop it down to 4.4 or 4.2

If you enjoyed reading about "9mm question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!