THR Member #

PDA

sturmruger
July 25, 2003, 06:10 PM
I have seen a few people list what number they are in relation to when they signed up for this site. For instance they were member # 548. I have been trying to see what number I am, but have been unable to find where that information is listed could someone please fill me in???

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Member #" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Mal H
July 25, 2003, 06:36 PM
Let your cursor float over the "Profile" button at the bottom of one of your posts and then take a look at the URL string in the info/status window of your browser (it's at the bottom of the window for MS IE). Your userid number is at the end of the string.

Or you can access the following URL and it will return your userid: http://www.thehighroad.org/userid.php

Jason Demond
July 25, 2003, 07:14 PM
You are 2579.

Correia
July 28, 2003, 03:30 PM
It is a pretty cool trick. I'm #6. :)

cordex
July 28, 2003, 04:04 PM
The userid is a MySQL AutoID field ... basically, every record inserted gets a number assigned (generally the previous inserted number +1,but the interval can be modified) so as to provide a unique identifier for each record. When a record is deleted, the number is not recycled.
So, Sven - for example - was the 22nd record inserted, but 8th if you sort by date joined and count users. This could be because of moderators playing around with member delete functions when the board was in its infancy, or some sort of hidden users occupying the extra slots.

Neat link, Mal.

tyme
July 29, 2003, 11:32 AM
This could be because of moderators playing around with member delete functions...
Guilty. :uhoh:

Jason Demond
July 29, 2003, 07:32 PM
Just don't make me disappear!:scrutiny:

If you enjoyed reading about "THR Member #" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!