Gun Certification

PDA

ShadowHunter1
December 30, 2007, 01:07 PM
What does it mean to have a gun certified?

When and why would you need to have a gun certified?

From what I have read or seen it appears that most of the time if the gun is at or near it life expectancy it has been certified.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Certification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bruce333
December 30, 2007, 01:37 PM
I guess you are talking about used guns? I know Sig does this, don't know what others do, but "certified" should mean about the same thing no mater which manufacturer it is.

Certified Pre-Owned Sig Sauer pistols are traded in by police agencies for new Sig Sauer pistols. These pre-owned pistols have been certified after passing the SIGARMS five-point certification process. Each pistol is approved by a SIGARMS armorer and is backed by the SIG factory warranty.Sig Preowned Warranty (http://www.sigsauer.com/WarrantyInfo/CertifiedPreOwnedWarranty.aspx)

PPGMD
December 30, 2007, 02:02 PM
I believe Glock does a similar thing with the Glock Factory Reconditioned pistols. Basically it's just a way of saying that the factory is backing it with a warranty. Rather then no warranty that most used pistols come with.

Of course companies with lifetime warranties for all owners (Springfield, and S&W come to mind) don't need to do this type of thing.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Certification" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!