xs sights for xd40 service

PDA

ZMP_CTR
December 30, 2007, 05:10 PM
Has anyone here ever changed out sights on an Springfield XD40? Is it hard to do?

If you enjoyed reading about "xs sights for xd40 service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Detritus
December 30, 2007, 09:31 PM
well, never done it MYSELF, but when i had a gunsmith swap the factory sights on my wife's XD9 fors a set of SureSights, the fit was tight enough that the first 'smith chickened out. refusing to do it for fear he'd break the SureSights.

Gunsmith that actually did the work said he had to use some sort of small press or vice to get them on (his word was "Press" but i suspect he meant a form of sight-pusher but i don't know).

Mike J
December 30, 2007, 09:38 PM
Haven't tried it but have read many threads at XDTalk Forums that said it was best to have a gunsmith do it. Said some came very easily but many were very difficult. What kind of sights are you going to put on? I had thought about getting some trijicons for mine but haven't been in a position to spend the money.

wally
December 30, 2007, 11:11 PM
Use the search, I've posted a thread on the trials and tribulations of putting a fiber optic front on my XD9 and XD45.

Turned out well, but not for the mechanically ill equipped.

--wally.

possum
December 31, 2007, 02:33 AM
do it. the xs sights in my opinon are the best sights one could have on a defensive handgun, they are bright both day and night, quick and yes it is possible to be accurate with them, though most people dismiss them as for cqb and defense ranges only that isn't true. doing competitions with them wouldn't be smart but accurate hits at extended gun fighting ranges are more possible. i have a set on my sc xd .40 and if i didn't just have a brand new set of trijicons on my service model than i would have xs on it too.

the front sights are pretty tight on the xd why i don't know. sa did my sights on my service model and a smith did the xs on my sc.

xpun8
December 31, 2007, 02:51 AM
Possum, have you tried other sights? My buddy has trijicon sights his and I was pretty impressed.

possum
December 31, 2007, 03:07 AM
i have tried trijicon, tfo, meprolite, xs and novak night sights.

for three dot sight i prefer the trijicon, they are bright at night and have the bright white outline during the day.

the tfo's are nice but i refuse to use anything with fiber optics on a fighting handgun, though they are awesome sights i would use them on a range or competition gun, maybe hd. but not on a hard use gun. ie carry or in a thigh rig etc.

the meprolites are nice at low light but i can't really track them good in the day time well not as good as i can the triji's.

and the sam goes for the novaks as the meprolites.

and for defense and a hard use gun, nothing in my opinon beats the xd sights hands down.

ZMP_CTR
December 31, 2007, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the great info. I'm going to stop by the gunsmith today. I hope he is open! :D

If you enjoyed reading about "xs sights for xd40 service" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!