+p in glocks and cz p01

PDA

tblt
December 30, 2007, 05:16 PM
Is it ok to use +p ammo in glocks and cz pistols?

If you enjoyed reading about "+p in glocks and cz p01" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
December 30, 2007, 05:24 PM
Sure. Being police/military service pistols, they are designed for the 9mm NATO loading, which is roughly the same pressure/power level. Springs (especially recoil springs) and other small parts may wear out or break faster.

armoredman
December 30, 2007, 05:28 PM
The new CZ manual says,
Use only factory manufactured ammunition of appropriate caliber, which are in compliance with CIP regulations, (International Proof Commission for Firearms), or SAAMI, (Sporting Arms and Ammunition Manufacturers' Institute Inc. of the United States). the use of other cartridges could damage the handgun or cause injury to the shooter.
Now, I personally believe the +P load IS a recognized SAAMI standard, it's the +P+ that is not. I certainly believe the P01, a rugged NATO certified duty/CCW pistol, is certainly capable of handling a +P load. I would follow the reccomendations people have been using the world over when it comes to using +P in revolvers - go for it for carry ammo, and limited use in practice, but make most of your practice ammunition standardized loads. This simply extends the service life of the sidearm.

As for the Glock, no idea, probably no issue...unless it's a 40SW... :)

Edit to add, oddly enough, SAAMI website says using 9mm NATO rounds in a 9mm Luger chambered firearm is an unsafe practice. Interesting.

DENALI
December 30, 2007, 05:40 PM
Yes and yes. As to Armoredmans quip about the .40 S&W there is no real +P standard for the cartridge. The G-19-17-26 should be able to handle 10's of thousands of them, CZ-USA has told me no problem to the use of either +P or +P+ in the very excellent PO1. The PO1 has passed some incredibly stringent NATO testing and as such is developing something of a cult following myself included.......................

tblt
December 30, 2007, 05:43 PM
Would you buy the glock 19 or the cz p01?

DENALI
December 30, 2007, 06:03 PM
1st choice would be the Glock, 2nd the PO1. Either pistol IMO is about as good as it gets in 9mm. The Glock gets my nod because it's the simpler more robust of the two mechanism's as it only has 32-parts. The CZ I believe has between 57-67 parts and is a very complex design to work on. If I was a first time or one time only buy'er I'd go Glock otherwise I wouldn't hesitate in snapping up the PO1.......................:)

mbott
December 30, 2007, 06:06 PM
Would you buy the glock 19 or the cz p01?

P-01 without question. The grip angle on the Glock is all wrong for me. The P-01 is already my carry companion.

--
Mike

mballai
December 30, 2007, 07:26 PM
G19 all the way baby. Really can't speak for a CZ although they have a good rep.

steak-knife
December 30, 2007, 07:34 PM
The official round for the NYPD is the 9mm +P JHP Speer Gold Dot, running through Glocks.

txgolfer45
December 30, 2007, 10:07 PM
Get the G19. CZ's are nice too.

George Hill
December 30, 2007, 10:15 PM
P-01. No question.

armoredman
December 30, 2007, 11:18 PM
Ditto.

possum
December 31, 2007, 02:35 AM
between those 2 the glock, you will be happier and for ever with it.

i see no reason in not shooting +p in either, it will say in the owners manual or at least ot should. i would shoot +p's in my guns and have no worries, though i would limit the use of +p+ ammo even if it could take it it is just causing undue stress on the handgun.

golden
December 31, 2007, 04:34 AM
When I carried a GLOCK on duty, both the 17 & 19. We were issued +P+ for carry ammo and I never had any problem. You will notice the snappier recoil and a slight increase in noise level. That was about it.

Jim

DirksterG30
December 31, 2007, 05:20 AM
I'd go with the P-01 - far superior ergonomics, and just as reliable as the Glock.

Technosavant
December 31, 2007, 10:42 AM
CZ P-01 vs. Glock is a very subjective question. The ergonomics on the two are completely different. Both are as reliable as you are going to find. Both are roughly the same size (depending on the Glock model).

IMO, the determining factor should be what fits YOUR hand best. For some, it will be a Glock. For others, the CZ.

ABBOBERG
December 31, 2007, 01:07 PM
+P in a G26 is not an issue unless you are concerned about noise from the short barrel.

I tried +P+ Winchester ranger in my G26 but was 3" high at 12 feet (through my chrono). I am guessing that the barrel was tilting before the bullet left the barrel. Otherwise, the gun shoots at POA at 25 yds with standard or +P ammo.

dasmi
December 31, 2007, 01:11 PM
Just sold my Glock and bought a P-01. Best gun related decision I've ever made.

If you enjoyed reading about "+p in glocks and cz p01" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!