Sterling Arms Model 302

PDA

mikemac
December 30, 2007, 08:17 PM
I'm new to this forum and appreciated the valuable information information provided.

In cleaning the attic I discovered a box with a Sterling Arms Model 302 I had tucked away years ago. My problem is that I decided to break it down and clean it but I don't have the original manual for it and I'll be danged if I can't get this little bugger apart. If any one has the manual it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

If you enjoyed reading about "Sterling Arms Model 302" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
goon
December 31, 2007, 01:29 PM
Try Numrich Gun parts. They have online schematics for many guns so maybe they could help.

Ron James
December 31, 2007, 03:14 PM
and mikeman, the reason it was in the attic is because 80 percent of the 300 serials were sabotage in the factory by a lazy worker and are junk. ( true)

suemarkp
December 31, 2007, 05:00 PM
Here's an exploded view:
http://www.e-gunparts.com/productschem.asp?chrMasterModel=2020z302

Here's all I could find on disassembly:
http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-148057.html

bannockburn
December 31, 2007, 08:10 PM
Ron James

Just curious; could you please expand on your post, as to the who, what, when, where, and why of your statement?

kermit315
December 31, 2007, 10:11 PM

sharpetop
January 1, 2008, 08:39 PM
If memory serves me, there is a "button" on the left side of the reciever that has to be pushed in [its pretty hard to push in]. When pushed in the firing pin assebly, etc. comes out of the rear of the slide. You can then remove the slide, barrell, etc for cleaning. I hope this helps.

I once owned one of the little Sterlings which was quite reliable when clean and lubed. I never kept a round in the pipe because I didn't trust the safety.

fritcht
March 10, 2009, 10:02 PM
To breakdown the Sterling Arms Model 302, you'll need to depress the disconnection button located at the left rear. This is a difficult button for a finger and I find it easier to use a small tool to depress the button. Pull the slide back and depress the disconnect button; the hammer will extend out to the rear. Gently slide the slide forward while lifting. The slide will lift up and off. Hope this helps.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sterling Arms Model 302" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!