Kershaw speed safe rattle

PDA

tnieto2004
December 31, 2007, 05:11 PM
My little kershaw pocket knife has a rattle when it is open.. Is this normal?? I hadn't noticed it until now.. Is it time for a new one?

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw speed safe rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cdcmj
December 31, 2007, 06:01 PM
try too tighten it or send it to kershaw, they have excellent customer service

SDC
January 1, 2008, 11:45 AM
Can you see exactly which part is rattling? Is it the blade, or the pocket clip, or possibly even the sliding safety? Provided you have the proper-sized Torx bit, you can tighten any of these yourself.

tnieto2004
January 1, 2008, 02:44 PM
I can't see which part .. It ONLY rattles when the blade is locked open

Smith
January 1, 2008, 10:06 PM
When my Kershaw Leek is opened, part of it rattles too if I shake it. I think that's normal and it doesn't bother me, but I'm no expert. I can't see what part it is either.

The Hound
January 3, 2008, 08:28 PM
My Kershaw Leek also rattles when it's open, although it's only done it after about 6 months. Still don't have any other problem with it. It lock up fine and the A/0 still works great. I don't worry about it.

Hiaboo
January 13, 2008, 09:53 PM
Good chance that it's either the safety or the clip being loose. I wouldn't be surprised. My safety has been loosened up on my leek so often that I just took it off - no problems.

Also, forgot to mention that kershaw's customer service is really top notch.. Once I sent in a knife for repairs, and it was a pretty worn one at that -- They offered to replace it but that one was my first so I said no thanks.. So I got it back with a little surprise in the package -- a BRAND NEW kershaw along with my old one!

hso
January 13, 2008, 10:26 PM
You can send it to Kershaw for service and they'll address the problem.

If you enjoyed reading about "Kershaw speed safe rattle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!