10mm vs body armor

PDA

memphislee
December 31, 2007, 08:54 PM
took my new 10mm to the range and shot some body armor with 180 rem and the vest held just wondering is there any 10mm ammo that will go through it?

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm vs body armor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bad Penny 03
December 31, 2007, 08:55 PM
HA!
MY guess is this is where this thread gets locked.
:)

Geno
December 31, 2007, 08:59 PM
I strongly suggest this thread close. We do not need this press. Last time it came up for public review, the politicians et al lead us to outlawing "Cop killer" bullets. Some topics just are not proper for THR.

Doc2005

Mortech
December 31, 2007, 09:01 PM
Lock Please! Do not let my beloved 10MMs be slandered by letting this thread go on !

memphislee
December 31, 2007, 09:04 PM
dont want to kill cops! you must not have lived in a big city where bad guys like to wear body armor and break into your house! by the way my father inlaw and mother inlaw are on highway patrol! i was just wondering because some will say 9mm will go through

CryingWolf
December 31, 2007, 09:14 PM
Google can be your friend. It all depends on the BA level. According to this website there are six levels of body armor.

http://www.njlawman.com/Feature%20Pieces/Body%20Armor.htm

Agreed this thread should be locked. Sorry but with so many types of BA it may be imposable to really answer, but the chart on the aforementioned website does a pretty good job.

And in the immortal words of Ron White "I can see his head!"

Art Eatman
December 31, 2007, 09:27 PM
Research elsewhere.

Stephen A. Camp
December 31, 2007, 09:28 PM
It is a topic that very well might be of interest to folks considering ammunition for use against criminals but also one that could be used to provide information for those with unlawful intentions. While such information is probably available somewhere on the Internet, I would prefer that IF such information was obtained for unlawful purposes, it not be from here. It appears that some of the folks posting in this thread also wish it closed.

Nothing against the original poster of this thread, but it is now locked.

If you enjoyed reading about "10mm vs body armor" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!