reloading 45LC

PDA

stratos
January 1, 2008, 03:23 PM
Can I reload 454 causil and 460 with 45 LC dies. I want to purchase some dies but like them to be as versitale as possible.

If you enjoyed reading about "reloading 45LC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
January 1, 2008, 04:34 PM
Yes.
Get the .45 LC dies and you can reload the others after adjusting for the extra length.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

redneck2
January 1, 2008, 04:36 PM
I use mine for both.

GooseGestapo
January 2, 2008, 11:24 AM
I actually use a set of .45acp dies to load the others...

the slightly decreased diameter of the sized case allows some of the thinner .45lc brass to hold the bullets better. All I have to do is substitute the case holders... and adjust for lenght of bullet seat and crimp. The Taper crimp of the .45acp works just fine on the cast and jacketed bullets with cannulures. Just adjust as neccessary.

Accuracy through both my M94 Win. and Ruger RedHawk is better when using the .45acp dies. I therefore sold my .45LC dies to a friend who needed them....

I also use a set of .38spl dies to load for up to .357Maximum..........
And .40S&W dies for 10mm, ect.....

If you enjoyed reading about "reloading 45LC" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!