What do you know about this gun?

PDA

Constantine-p89
January 1, 2008, 05:04 PM
I found this 45 at a local pawnshop for $375 or $275+my Jennings 9mm. I would like to hear an opinion from a owner or someone who has owned one before or knows for sure the reputation of this gun.................http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=8411226

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you know about this gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HisSoldier
January 1, 2008, 06:14 PM
A bit hard to find parts for and that will get worse. The company is gone. I've got one that shrunk in the wash, it now shoots .380's. :) It works flawlessly. The fit and finish are typically not on the same level as many European guns, nor most American guns. A lot of people say Llama's are junk, and many will argue with that. No one else made a .380 that is closer to a 1911 than Llama, that's why I have two of them.

JP from Phoenix
January 1, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'd spend a little extra and get a brand new rock island

weisse52
January 1, 2008, 06:40 PM
RUN AWAY, RUN AWAY....VERY SCARY!!

My experience was long ago and far away. Yours may be different.

I agree, for that much money you can get a new RIA or used SA

bannockburn
January 1, 2008, 06:57 PM
weisse52

Same here; it's been a long time, and I'd sooner forgetaboutit. Also agree with a RIA, SA, HS, or Taurus before a Llama.

Golddog
January 1, 2008, 07:17 PM
Terrible reputation, from lots of users who have posted on the Net. But if you've been lucky with a Jennings, you were born under the right sign and may find a Llama that works.

There are many, many better used guns at $375.

The Lone Haranguer
January 1, 2008, 07:52 PM
IMO, $375 is way high, even if the gun turns out to be good.

Constantine-p89
January 1, 2008, 07:56 PM
Well I dont have a lot of cash to spend on another gun but the Llama certainly is not a Jennings and for under $300(a 45acp 1911 STYLE!!!)I fugured it was a good deal and I do like the Rock Island High Standard and other models but the truth is you would have to pay a arm or leg around here to get a dealer to order you a gun. I have given up on ordering and continued searching locally for a ''GI'' 1911 STYLE 45acp and found one. I was also looking forward to owning two 45acp semiautos(Kimber custom II & Llama 45acp). But if it is on the same level as a Jennings I wont waste my money.

kingpin008
January 1, 2008, 09:42 PM
For the price, I would skip it. I don't know much about Llama guns, but I do know that for the same price or a little less you can have a brand new Rock Island or Charles Daly.

BTW - I've got a Charles Daly, and love it. Great guns, AWESOME customer service, and a nice price.

Constantine-p89
January 1, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks, ill probably just save some money a while. I did like the concept of paying a little and getting a nother 45acp and getting rid of my Jennings but ill wait a while.

IMTHDUKE
January 1, 2008, 09:59 PM
Great gun is you need a paper weight:D

Constantine-p89
January 1, 2008, 10:54 PM
I wouldn't consider a working gun a paperweight but if it's that bad I wont buy it.

If you enjoyed reading about "What do you know about this gun?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!