Which is a better pistol make

PDA

Firepower!
January 3, 2008, 10:55 AM
I am interested in expanding my handgun collection. Thus, I want to know which do you think is a better pistols make?

If you enjoyed reading about "Which is a better pistol make" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ed Ames
January 3, 2008, 11:07 AM
No CZ?

Firepower!
January 3, 2008, 11:14 AM
Because where I live....there is no CZ

Ed Ames
January 3, 2008, 11:16 AM
Yikes. What country is that?

larry24
January 3, 2008, 11:17 AM
Many of the above guns are excellent engineered peices of craftmanship and I would feel very safe at night with any of them by my side. However, if I could only own 1 automatic handgun ever, it would without a doubt be my GLOCK Model 19!

armoredman
January 3, 2008, 11:18 AM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/CZfamily.jpg

40SW
January 3, 2008, 12:05 PM
All of the above., but my first choice is Glock.

tinygnat219
January 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
You have Blech... HK, but no CZ? What's wrong with you man? :)

Mainsail
January 3, 2008, 12:16 PM
It's funny to see Colt getting such a good rating since they haven't put out a quality handgun in decades.

rantingredneck
January 3, 2008, 12:20 PM
I own mostly Rugers but there aren't any inherently "bad" choices on your list. Some of them seem to get more QC complaints than others here and at TFL, so do some searching and you'll see some specifics. You'll certainly pay more for some on the list than others. Does that mean you are getting a "better" gun for that money? Maybe, maybe not. What does "better" mean to you?. There are also differences in features and feel between them, and different action types represented on your list. Those choices are largely personal and you'll have to see what fits you best.

I've always gravitated toward Rugers, lately their .45ACP models, due to their combination of cost, reliability and accuracy.

DFW1911
January 3, 2008, 12:24 PM
You've got some really nice stuff picked out. I'd recommend at least looking at Springfield when you're shopping.

I own several of their 1911s and XDs in 9mm and .45; all have been excellent. Prices on Springfields seem to fluctuate quite a bit - you might be able to save some money on a certain model by driving across town.

Good luck and have fun.

DFW1911

weisse52
January 3, 2008, 12:32 PM
Colt is a proven product. Springfield 1911's are excellent with reasonable prices. BUT as OP ask, what do we prefer.

NG VI
January 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
where is CZ? i voted HK and other

CountGlockula
January 3, 2008, 01:05 PM
What about getting one of each?:evil:

Firepower!
January 3, 2008, 01:24 PM
Well I visited the shop today and I am leaning toward getting one each of the following:

Sig P226 for rugged use
Glock 19 arm holster
Glock 26 for conceal carry on anckle
and HK P2000 since it was way to smooth to fire.

suggestions?

I do have Taurus in .45 as well Colt 1911.

NGIB
January 3, 2008, 01:29 PM
Just bought a used Sig P226 yesterday and will fire it a bunch over the weekend. I sure like how it looks, feels, and the quality of construction...

SageMonkey
January 3, 2008, 01:57 PM
CZ. Can't imagine why its not on the list.

doc2rn
January 3, 2008, 02:14 PM
If I could buy just one, I would go with the overbuilt Ruger.

Pilot
January 3, 2008, 02:17 PM
I voted other as I prefer the CZ line of firearms.

Fishman777
January 3, 2008, 02:32 PM
For revolvers, I prefer Ruger DA revolvers. I think that Ruger DA revolvers are the best revolver design on the market. Ruger's aren't that great cosmetically speaking and they have heavy triggers. Neither of these "problems" bother me because they are easy to fix. Rugers are, by far, the most durable DA revolver design on the market (solid frame and triple locking cylinders). I like Smiths and Colts, but I would never buy guns from either of those manufacturers. Rugers suit me too well to switch brands.

Autoloaders are a different story. I don't trust Rugers. I also don't trust 1911s, either.

In my opinion, there is no one company that makes the best autoloaders. Here are some lists of the guns and companies that I like and have experience with:

Metal frame autoloaders:
1. Sig arms (p226). I like them alot. Best overall quality in their class IMO.
1a. Beretta (92fs and 90two). I actually like the 92 series better than Sigs, but I think Sig uses better materials in their guns. If I ever buy a metal framed autoloader, it would probably be the Beretta 90two.
2. CZ. Very nice pistols. Great value.
3. Browning (I only would get one if I could find one of the discontinued HP chrome models)

Polymer frame autoloaders:
1. HK (USP and p2000). I think that the overall quality is better than Glock, but they are too expensive for my taste. I don't think that they are $200 better than a Glock.
1a. Glock (17 and 19) (Some of the best overall guns on the market)
2. Springfield XD
3. Smith and Wesson M&P.

In some ways, I like the XD and the MP better than Glocks, but they are both still relatively new. After a few more years, I might be willing to move one or both of these manufacturers ahead of Glock.

There are a lot of great options out there. I still don't own any autoloaders, but I plan on getting one this year (unless I find a 4" SS Ruger RedHawk at the local shop). I rent autoloaders at my local range every so often and have gotten a good feel for what I like in an autoloader. I only plan on getting one autoloader, and I'd like to wait a little longer to see how the Sig p250 works out. The gun is a little small for my taste, but I might consider getting one if Sig puts out a full-sized model in the next year or so. I don't want to have a huge handgun collection, I just want what I think I could one day need: .22, .357, .44 magnum, and one 9mm.

MountainBear
January 3, 2008, 02:56 PM
I voted for smith and wesson, but should qualify that by saying if your going to add a S&W revolver to your collection (everyone should have one or two or several...), then buy an older model with no internal lock. I do like their line of 1911 autos though...

Remmi
January 3, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'll vote for Smith and Wesson as well, simply because they're a classic. I think everyone should own or have fired a M29 at some point in their life; good enough for Dirty Harry, after all.

However there's a difference in preference, I like Sig and Springfield better then Glock, but I dislike most polymer pistols sheerly because they seem to 'jump' more with the reduced weight; could be just me, but It's noticeable enough when I've fired to make me avoid them.

As stated before, Springfield 1911's are a joy to shoot, often pretty things too.

lee n. field
January 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
Thus, I want to know which do you think is a better pistols make?

I'll be contrary and say Makarov. The real answer is: "for what purpose?".

Kind of Blued
January 3, 2008, 03:18 PM
Although I have shot handguns by each of the manufacturers that I chose, I basically chose the brands which I feel one could nearly buy sight unseen without any question that they would be reliable and accurate firearms. That is a wonderful attribute to be able to assign to any product by a manufacturer.

I chose Kimber, Sig Sauer, & Smith & Wesson.

If someone said they had a make and model by any of those manufacturers and needed to sell it ASAP to pay the bills, I'd probably be willing to pay a couple hundred bucks under going price, if nothing else, for resale value.

10-Ring
January 3, 2008, 06:16 PM
I like HKs, Glocks & Colts

Ninja42
January 3, 2008, 06:30 PM
I am a CZ guy, so I voted 'other'. There might not be any CZ dealers near you, but they are definately worth to travel for! I love and worship my SP-01..

krahling
January 3, 2008, 07:06 PM
Another "Other" vote for CZ.

Silvanus
January 3, 2008, 08:39 PM
Lots of CZ lovers here:D They get so much good feedback I'll have to buy one in the future.

I voted Glock for pistols and S&W for revolvers. Those are my favourites right now.

HM2PAC
January 3, 2008, 11:31 PM
The problem you are about to encounter is how many HK's or Gocks do you need?

GaryP
January 4, 2008, 12:36 AM
Where is North American Arms - NAA? Guardian, Mini Revolvers
Definitely excellent firearms in their particular categories. :)

:evil:

bond007
January 4, 2008, 10:51 AM
No one's voted Walther???

I guess I'm first then.

tinygnat219
January 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
North American Arms - NAA? Guardian, Mini Revolvers
Definitely excellent firearms in their particular categories. :)

What is NAA's particular niche with their revolvers? Other than "useless in a real fight", but neat to plink with.

nate.45
January 4, 2008, 11:09 AM
It's funny to see Colt getting such a good rating since they haven't put out a quality handgun in decades.

Every pistol the Colt Custom Shop turns out is first rate, high quality and super nice.

http://www.ronsgunshop.com/images/1911reproleft.jpg

http://www.centralfloridapawn.com/images/firearms/ng3123.jpg

A couple of examples.

I own the new SAA and a WWI Reproduction.

They are made as fine or maybe finer than anything Colt has ever made.

Calhoun
January 4, 2008, 11:16 AM
Had to go "Other" b/c, as many have pointed out, CZ wasn't one of the choices. They are my favorite by far. I also like Kahr and HK (although I don't think they are the all knowing pistol of superheroes like thier marketing dept does). I voted before I realized it was a multiple choice poll. I also had a Taurus revo that was great. Wish I never sold it to my BIL. That thing was a tack driver, balanced like a dream.

USMC - Retired
January 4, 2008, 11:29 AM
For me it was a toss up between Kimber and Ruger

I have three Rugers and one Kimber but I ended up voting Kimber because it is my favorite pistol. Also you don't have it on the list but I'm sorta fond of my little Bersa as well...

YakCZP01
January 4, 2008, 11:33 AM
Picked CZ as well

possum
January 4, 2008, 06:16 PM
i chose sa, either thier xd's or thier 1911's you can't go wrong.

glocks, great guns they just don't fit me. i prefer and would only own a glock in 9mm i had a 19, i don't like aby glocks but the only ine that i might have is the 26 staying with the 9mm theme.

ruger, there autos as wel as thier wheel guns are nice, i have been very happy with the rugers that i have owned. p345 is the most accurate handgun that i have. they are inexpensive and they work. i plan to add a gp100 or sp101 to my collecion soon.

s&w, i don't like most of thier autos, but the m&p's are provig to be nice and thier ergos are outstanding.

kimber, they make some great guns but they are plagued with problems both now and in the past.

kahr, i have a k-40 and i love it, the wife has taken it as her own. i don't lik ethier polymer guns.

sigs/h&k, both make great stuff they are just a little rich for my blood at the present time. but i would love to have a usp. you can't go worng with a sig or h&k.

desert eagle i don't even like to talk about.

para-ord, the ones that i have experience with are great. i love the lda triggers, and one model n particualr that my dad had would feed empy brass.

taurus, smart company and they are doing some good things and have guns with features that have a spot in the market i am excited to see what will be in the future for the aurus company.

Constantine-p89
January 4, 2008, 06:18 PM
Glocks and Kimbers.

jad0110
January 4, 2008, 09:47 PM
I dislike most polymer pistols sheerly because they seem to 'jump' more with the reduced weight; could be just me, but It's noticeable enough when I've fired to make me avoid them.

Your not the only one that has noticed that. Whenever I fired my XD9, I always detected a resonance/virbration through the polymer grip frame of sorts that just did not feel right at all to me. Kind of annoying, actually.

I like lots of stuff, but for me I always have a warm fuzzy place for Smith & Wesson wheel guns.

S&W K-22

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20K22%20Model%2017%2022%20LR/K22_12.jpg

S&W Model 642

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20Model%20642%2038%20Special/SW642ammo.jpg

S&W Model 14

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20Model%2014%2038%20Special/IMG_1599.jpg

S&W Model 686

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q139/jad0110/Smith%20and%20Wesson%20Model%20686%20Plus%20357%20Magnum/IMG_1587.jpg

abrink
January 4, 2008, 10:33 PM
I like sigs because they're metal! I have nothing against polymer and i know that polymer can be just as strong but i dont like it. Call me old school if u want to. I also find glocks to be big and not very ergonomic. I like my sig because it fells like it was built around my hand.

Gunther
January 4, 2008, 10:46 PM
I owned one sig 380 and it was junk. A large metro police dept in my area had sigs and they had frame cracks. The HK's are expensive and somewhat overrated. I have used Glocks since they were introduced in the early 80's. They are cop proof which says alot for standing up to abuse and durability. My only problem with the Glock is its not made in the USA.

HZOX221
January 5, 2008, 12:27 AM
The one made for me. http://www.gansguns.com/images/ds11112.jpg

Infinity and STI make the best US guns

January 5, 2008, 02:08 AM
Polymer: Glock
Metal: Browning

denfoote
January 5, 2008, 03:53 AM
Gott im Himmel!!
Er ließ Walther weg der Liste!!

Sport45
January 5, 2008, 06:08 AM
Luckily the poll allowed me to vote for many more than one!

Grizfire
January 5, 2008, 03:41 PM
good lord...at this point, have fun drawing conclusions from this poll. Maybe a process of elimination.

paratroop23
January 5, 2008, 09:28 PM
HK for me!!

Can't beat the overall quality!

Mortech
January 6, 2008, 01:41 AM
I think my sig line says it all

bluetopper
January 6, 2008, 11:00 AM
Korth or Freedom Arms

Firepower!
January 6, 2008, 12:25 PM
It seems like SW is most popular so far. However I am surprised that HK and Beretta (good enough for US forces) are not really preferred here.

Moccw
January 6, 2008, 12:42 PM
springfield, kimber, s&w, glock, one taurus, sig..

searcher451
January 6, 2008, 03:49 PM
Leaving the Walther line off the list seems incomprehensible somehow -- the fact that no one has mentioned Walthers to date even more so. You can never be too rich, nor too thin, nor have too many Walthers. :)

Choclabman
January 6, 2008, 04:56 PM
1. Semi-auto's-- Sig Sauer.
Love the P220 and P226

2. D/A Revolvers-- Pre-Lock S&W
All of them.

3. S/A Revolvers-- Freedom Arms
IMO-The Premier Model 83 is the best S/A made.

mc30707
January 6, 2008, 09:05 PM
XD9, enough said :fire:

mc30707
January 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
XD9, enough said :fire:

SwampWolf
January 6, 2008, 09:12 PM
No Hi-Point! Another "other" vote, I guess.

copper4262
January 7, 2008, 01:21 AM
Go with HK - i got away from them for awhile and it was a mistake - I am finally back into an HK P2000 .40 with a light LEM trigger - its the best gun i have had in years - very accurate and very dependable -i would say you should at least consider it!!!

Lonestar49
January 7, 2008, 01:40 AM
Quote: It's funny to see Colt getting such a good rating since they haven't put out a quality handgun in decades.
----------

57 of us that voted Colts, (thus far) have a quality gun.. ;)

Ls

TimboKhan
January 7, 2008, 03:26 AM
Huh... I am somewhat surprised to see that more people prefer Desert Eagles to Para-Ordnance guns. I don't really care for either, but I am just surprised to see that only 4 people voted for Para-Ord.

357fan
January 7, 2008, 03:49 AM
I'll take a piece of Czechnology any day. I love my CZ.

mastermoparman
January 7, 2008, 05:43 AM
im surprised you don't have Israel weapons inc on there. they make a damn good pistol. i love my baby eagle

Firepower!
January 7, 2008, 07:06 AM
Desert eagle is IMI pistol.

Autolycus
January 7, 2008, 09:28 AM
I like HK, Sig, and Glock. There are so many good choices. I really like so many different makers.

Each has their own perks.

Firepower!
January 9, 2008, 04:09 AM
Lots of votes for SW, but I have not come across a good SW model yet.

creekerdoug
January 9, 2008, 06:12 PM
In Glock I trust.

SwampWolf
January 9, 2008, 07:26 PM
Firepower, how hard have you looked? I've found Smith & Wesson to have made some of the best handguns ever made (third-generation semi-autos, the models 52, 952, 41, 945, most of their revolvers and their 1911s) to name a few.

Firepower!
January 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
Its perhaps due to where I live. Not many models make it out here in pistols. However, revolvers are different story.

MCgunner
January 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
Rugers always work.

kd7nqb
January 11, 2008, 02:02 PM
I dont even know how to vote on this one, so many options. I mean Glock basically only builds one gun and then adapts it to different needs. But a brand like S&W or Ruger builds a variety of stuff ranging from complete crap (S&W Sigma) to the most awesome tacticool pistol ever (S&W M&P). This makes me hesitant to vote for any specific make.

That being said I voted glock because they have come close to perfection in their niche. We will never see a glock bolt action 30-30 but if your holding a glock your in good company.

modifiedbrowning
January 11, 2008, 03:04 PM
Walther.

orb
January 11, 2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah, #5 for Valter, oops Walther!

MustangHowie
January 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd143/MustangHowie/001.jpg

Firepower!
January 14, 2008, 01:08 PM
Votes in favor of SW are some what surprising to me since I always thought of them as revolver makers even though I know they also make pistols. What turned me off from SW was SIGMA series. The trigger was horrible so I immediately got rid of it. I sure there are other good SW models out there. I personally favor Glock in semi, and Stichken APS in select fire. But if I have to pic a tough pistol which withstand rugged tests it would be SIG P226. I am not quite sure why American Army picked Beretta over it just for a fractionally additional cost!

Slugless
January 14, 2008, 09:11 PM
Well I visited the shop today and I am leaning toward getting one each of the following:

Sig P226 for rugged use
Glock 19 arm holster
Glock 26 for conceal carry on anckle
and HK P2000 since it was way to smooth to fire.

I don't think you'd ever regret owning a P226.

Only one each? :D
EDIT: FP! - what does a gun shop in your area look like, anyway? Any chance of a pic?

legislator
January 15, 2008, 11:50 AM
i just bought a glock 21 sf... but my problem is, it didnt look like the glock sf pic posted here.. but its grip has got the sf mark.. but acording to the gs owner, this is glock 21 sf. and i ve fired to break it in ... the best, a glock indeed.. but im just wondering why it didnt look the same with the g21 sf shown here- ill post a pic as soon as i could so you would see the difference

Edward Nigma
January 16, 2008, 12:25 AM
I voted other because my vote is CZ.

Firepower!
January 16, 2008, 02:27 PM
Glad to see that Glock is finally catching up!

Firepower!
January 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
I wonder if all of the THR members who usually vote have voted.

I am getting a good deal on a Black finished Italian Beretta 92FS- and suggestions?

SDDL-UP
January 18, 2008, 02:15 PM
No CZ?

stevereno1
January 18, 2008, 07:25 PM
I can't believe the amount of ruger votes! the revolvers are great, but offset by their crappy autos, aside from the mark 2 and mark 3's

[FH]K96
January 18, 2008, 11:00 PM
Steyr and Colt are my humble votes.

I have used my friend's CZ 9mm's. I will admit they are nice shooters.

BeJaRa
January 18, 2008, 11:09 PM
I can't believe the amount of ruger votes! the revolvers are great, but offset by their crappy autos, aside from the mark 2 and mark 3's
Ruger autos may not be pretty but they are as relaible and IMO more rugged than most other autos on a market.

1BLINDREF
January 18, 2008, 11:17 PM
Bottom feeders - Sigs
Wheelies - S&Ws

CZ should be part of this poll. (I still would have voted Sig ;) )

I am getting a good deal on a Black finished Italian Beretta 92FS- and suggestions?
You can't go wrong with a Beretta, in fact - you can't go wrong with most of the guns that you have in your poll.

Byron
January 19, 2008, 06:46 PM
Bejara,wait until your next trip to TN and I will go over why nothing comes close to a Glock. Thought we had this down the last trip to the farm. Uncle Byron

Firepower!
January 21, 2008, 05:51 AM
Hk and glock for those who dont mind plastic pistol.
SW for those who like full metal?
So it seems

mp510
January 24, 2008, 01:14 PM
SW for those who like full metal?
S&W is discontinuing their metal frame 3rd generation pistols.

jackmead
January 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
One of each. :)

ADKWOODSMAN
January 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
I’ve never fired or handled HK,Sig,Khar or Makarov.

I have experience with S&W Colt, Springfield, LaFury, Hi Standard, Ruger, and Iver Johnson.

I voted for S&W. I have several of their revolvers. They are closely fitted and I never had a problem. My Mod. 41 has been used for bullseye and pin shooting--I’ve never seen a better trigger, the HiStandard comes close.

The only centerfire S&W auto I used was a Mod. 52 Wad cutter gun in .38 special. As most know they were excellent target guns.

Firepower!
January 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
I never knew so many folks out there like Ruger. And comparatively a far less like HK, which I think is a better pistol.

Shieldbreaker
January 27, 2008, 10:52 AM
Here are my favorite, CZ is top dog right now...and I love the baby eagle at the bottom too.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j274/shldbrkr/Picture018.jpg

JohnBT
January 27, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm surprised S&W autoloaders are leading with 141 votes. Unless, maybe the revolver guys are voting in the Autoloaders forum.

John

PhillyGlocker
January 27, 2008, 02:29 PM
Glock. Hands down!
http://photos7.flickr.com/10282991_367ef89c42.jpg
http://members.shaw.ca/planetairsoft01/Pictures/gallery/submitedphotos/SpaceCowboy/Tokyo-Marui-Glock-26.jpg

kokapelli
January 27, 2008, 08:11 PM
Are you asking if I could only have one?
I voted for six of them, because they are all good guns and how could you leave off CZ!

Firepower!
January 28, 2008, 08:58 AM
As we draw close to the end of this poll, it seems like SW, Ruger, Glock, Sig, Springfield and Colt are among the most favorites. However, I am not sure if all the Glock owners of THR voted on this poll.

1911 guy
January 28, 2008, 10:15 AM
Personally, I've become a fan of Springfield. However, I'd put near absolute faith in the reliability of a few others. Sig Saur, Glock and Ruger come to mind. I've seldom seen one of these brands not work reliably.

I'm a 1911 fan (never would have guessed, eh?), so these makers lie outside my personal preference. I wouldn't blink if it impacted the oscillator and you handed me one, though.

Firepower!
January 28, 2008, 10:41 AM
1911 Guy, what makes people like it so much. Not that I dont, since I still have the 1911 by Colt, the original issues, and sometimes I take it out to shoot a few rounds. It had certaing gunsmithing need on the trigger, a year back. But otherwise its solid, and had I not have that trigger problem I would prefer it over any other.

Unfortunately in Pakistan we dont get many 1911 models, except old Colts (army issues) and Taurus ones, which I do not like as much as other Taurus pistols. If I had a chance to import which I might after the government change post elections in PK, I would like to have those engraved custom made ones.

Scorpiusdeus
January 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
Do not forget the rare treat the IS the Walther P99. I just got one and it is one hell of a shooter. I fear it may become my favorite gun and dash all previous years of Sigboyfanism.

UnTainted
January 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
sig, browning, S&W

bluestarlizzard
January 28, 2008, 07:50 PM
well, this certainly is just one big long who like what best thread. so i guess i will throw in my .02

i voted springfeild, why? i really don't know, i was bombarded by choices, and since the 1911A1 is whats loaded i went with that. wasn't till later i relized it was multipule choice.
anyhoo, in my opinion,
H&K's are really nice guns. the USPs are wonderful and the Mk 23 is a big wonderful chunk of polymer. unfortunatly the company seems to have gotten a little too big for their britches in these last few years. the stuff they have out are too pricey for my taste. eventually i'll probably get my hands on their new .45, but it will wait.
Glocks are hands down some of the best quality for the price and have wonderful coustomer service. i have yet to see a glock KB for reasons that can soly be based on the firearm itself. they make exsallent CCW. the only downside is that some people have problems with them. i couldn't shoot them for years, until i developed enough stregth in my wrist to keep them from jamming.
springfeild is nice, i have heard almost nothing but great things about the XD's and the one i held fit my hand like nothing else. it will be my next purchase. and, of course, the 1911A1. we have the mil-specs and it is very very nice.
my only other coment is about the unnamed walther in the poll. the P99 is a very cool looking pistol. it has the nifty features and the many options. however, it did not last long in this house, as the trigger pulls make my teeth grit just thinking about it.

jpwilly
January 29, 2008, 01:36 AM
I like many of the pistols mfgs on the list but my primary CCW and Range pistols are both TAURUS!

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/jpwilly/pt1911wtarget.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/jpwilly/PT1911051.jpg

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p38/jpwilly/PT145023sm.jpg

Firepower!
January 29, 2008, 09:17 AM
Yes CZ should have been part of this poll, but I guess its due to fact I dont come across many CZs where I live. Once this poll is completed may some one can take the top five and pitch them against what I left out/or dont know much about.

Firepower!
January 29, 2008, 02:55 PM
I am really surprised that Beretta is far behind. I wonder what made US army chose this over SIG!

novaDAK
January 29, 2008, 03:11 PM
I've always gravitated toward Rugers, lately their .45ACP models, due to their combination of cost, reliability and accuracy.
Same here...currently have 6 Rugers and looking to add more :)

novaDAK
January 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
I am really surprised that Beretta is far behind. I wonder what made US army chose this over SIG!

Sig had a lower bid but Beretta won due to them offering cheaper spare parts.
(what I heard ;))

fubb
January 29, 2008, 05:16 PM
HOW COULD ANYBODY VOTE FOR sw THEY BETRAYED US. NEVER FORGIVE OR FORGET.

Firepower!
January 29, 2008, 11:40 PM
Betrayed how?

NovaDak: I have heard the same but was not sure. How are you finding your Rugers. I see them rugged pistols, not of beauty. However, my brother in law has one and he is quite content with it.

Firepower!
January 30, 2008, 07:06 AM
mp510: I went to SW site to check out their latest 9mms but I dont see that they have stopped making full metal pistols. If you have information otherwise, please post the link for the SW new pistols.

wworker
January 30, 2008, 07:18 AM
I don't understand the S&W vote and this is from someone who used to own one.

I went with Sig as mine have the smoothest and best off the shelf trigger pulls.

I got a chance to shoot a Ruger semi auto a few days ago, very hard trigger pull.

varoadking
January 30, 2008, 07:21 AM
I don't understand the S&W vote and this is from someone who used to own one.

For my money, the 3rd Generation stainless steel S&W's are the best autoloaders ever made...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/varoadking/guns010.jpg

Snagglepuss
January 30, 2008, 07:45 AM
Dan Wesson or Fusion.:D

Firepower!
January 30, 2008, 07:49 AM
varoadking: May I ask why?

Firepower!
January 30, 2008, 09:21 AM
Perhaps lots of Sigma votes for SW since they are out with new $99 McDeal!

Firepower!
January 30, 2008, 01:26 PM
I doubt Dan Wesson makes any serious number of pistol.

Firepower!
January 30, 2008, 03:39 PM
hk behind sw....does not make sense. Hk P2000 rocks

JasonblkZ06
January 31, 2008, 02:20 AM
No CZ, FN, or Steyr?

I prefer HK, CZ, Steyr, and FN

Firepower!
January 31, 2008, 09:17 AM
Jason: Which Styer do you prefer?

Firepower!
January 31, 2008, 01:00 PM
Finally SIG is catching up.

wingnut
January 31, 2008, 01:58 PM
Another vote for SIG. How could you do any better? ;)

Firepower!
February 1, 2008, 01:02 AM
i will be surprised if sig springfield and glock lose to sw......two days left!

Firepower!
February 1, 2008, 09:21 AM
I hope we are voting PISTOLS here since SW votes!

Firepower!
February 1, 2008, 04:59 PM
last day

KBintheSLC
February 1, 2008, 05:45 PM
Too many good choices. Too hard to pick. I want em all.

Firepower!
February 2, 2008, 01:37 AM
although hard to believe SW won over sig springfield glock and hk! I wonder why? Ppl who voted SW can they justify this? What SW model impressed them so much?

Firepower!
February 2, 2008, 07:22 AM
I wonder if ppl will ever justify their votes

Firepower!
February 2, 2008, 10:01 AM
Winners!
1. SW
2. Sig
3. Glock
4. Ruger
5. Springfield

- Although they are not my preference, but it is what seems to be more preferable among THR members.

I would have ranked top 5 as:
1. Glock
2. Sig
3. HK
4. Desert Eagle
5. SW or Sprinfield

EOD Guy in VA
February 11, 2008, 03:40 PM
Bubb...

S&W never betrayed us, it's former British owners did. Now that S&W is back under US leadership they've done an amazing turn-around and deserve our support and thanks for doing so. The new M&P series is dramatic proof.

EOD Guy in VA
February 11, 2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry...duplicate posting error

Firepower!
February 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
SW is great, but you have to be carefull with the model you pick up. Glock it dont matter they are all built great.

UnTainted
February 12, 2008, 03:11 PM
I wouldn't say "all"

not every single gun is built great, no matter who makes it

If you enjoyed reading about "Which is a better pistol make" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!