XD "Target" barrels?

PDA

ChuckB
January 4, 2008, 12:06 AM
Hello, Ladies and Gents. I'm looking for a little advice. I have an XD9 Service (4" stock barrel). Does anyone here have experience with aftermarket barrels, that are supposed to be "more accurate"? Yes, I know it's the shooter first and the gun second, but I'm pretty good with it now, and am looking to upgrade. But, I don't want to throw away a decent piece of change. Any thoughts?

Chuck

If you enjoyed reading about "XD "Target" barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dmftoy1
January 4, 2008, 08:23 AM
tagging this one as I'm interested as well. (although my XD's shoot better than I'm capable of. :) )

possum
January 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
my xds are pretty darn accurate as well, only thing that i have added to my service model is trijicon ight sighs, grip tape, and a dgr and wolff recoil spring

do you reload? here is where you are gonna push more and mor accuracy out of a handgun as well, you can customise your loads for what works for you. my xd service is accurate but there is oe load that blows them all away.

to get the most out of a "match barrel" the best way to go with them is to get them fitted to the gun. that will generally give you more accuracy than a regular drop in barrel. they are more work but they pay off more in the end.

you really have to think what the gun's use is, and what you plan to do with it. you could easily shoot compeitions with the stock xd, and they are plety accurate for defense, if you are gonna use the gu for compeitions and you want to trick it out, i would do so on another xd, and have oe dedicated for hd/ccw/sd etc, and then one for the comps or for the precision rage gun. which you can go a step farther and get a trigger job, ss guide rod, different recoil springs and such and both of those dditions will make you more accurte as well as be able to shoot faster and maintain as much accuracy as possible. i don't believe in tweakig guns that much that i plan to use as sd/hd/ccw. generally i change the sights and maybe put in a dgr and wolff sprig and that is it.

ChuckB
January 4, 2008, 10:36 PM
possum- would you mind sharing your preferred load? I'm not going the new barrel route, but a loading press in in my near future.

Chuck

If you enjoyed reading about "XD "Target" barrels?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!