New playtoy when an old friend leaves

PDA

offroaddiver
January 4, 2008, 01:25 AM
Unfortunately a local store is goin out of business. They have helped me in my gun decisions for quite a while. Well I was looking for a little thinner and lighter gun for my girlfriend to get into shooting. The sig 226 i have fits her a lil too big. But I bought a Springfield XD9 and other goodies on discount at the store. I took it to the range and compared it to my sig.
The actions on both guns feel crisp. One advantage to the XD9 is that a south paw can pick it up and shoot it and use the ambidextrous mag release. I also like how light this gun is. I have shot glocks and the XD9 has a similar trigger except it's beefier and made of metal and features the back strap safety that 1911 have.

I found a site that had a magazine combo and extra double mag holster for cheap and now I've got two setups for shooting stock competition. The gun had a kit with it consisting of a double mag holster, gun holster, extra mag, light and speed loader. I will post pics and a report after sending a couple of hundred to a thousand rounds at the range and break it in fully.

If you enjoyed reading about "New playtoy when an old friend leaves" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
outdoorman63
January 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
i had bought a used xd45 about 2 weeks ago and totally loved the feel and how it shot..so yesterday i bought a xd9..so will have to hit the range this weekend and see if it compares..congrats on the purchase..

If you enjoyed reading about "New playtoy when an old friend leaves" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!