Powder measurers Recammendations please.

PDA

ARTJR338WM
January 5, 2008, 12:53 AM
It just dawned on me I gave away my manual powder measurea long time ago:o, so now I need to buy another. Some time ago i read a side by side review of most of the major powder measurers, and for use in metering handgun powder thay all came up quite even. Unfortunately i do not have that review any more, so i would like some help here.

I dont want the best Culver money can buy, just a good solid measuring device. Im shooting for fun, not a living.

Thanks,
Arthur.

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder measurers Recammendations please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tbtrout
January 5, 2008, 12:42 PM
I have been using the RCBS Uniflow for years with great uniform results. Stick to ball powder it has been very accurate.

ranger335v
January 5, 2008, 12:52 PM
Get one of the Redding measures. They come with "micrometer" measure thimbles, the rotors are tightly fitted and smooth working. The Hornadys are close copies and worth considering too. In the commonly available tools, either one is 50% better than the next closest competion.

Anything will handle ball powders quite well, it's the flake and stick stuff that causes difficulty.

brickeyee
January 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
Uniflow, micrometer adjustment kit, powder baffle.
Since you lose the zero on the micrometer if you have to change from large to small cylinders, I have one set up with each.

hawkeye1
January 10, 2008, 04:05 PM
I am sure happy with my RCBS uniflow. But the only thing I would change would be the addition of the micrometer adjustment. That would be worth a look
good shooting.

If you enjoyed reading about "Powder measurers Recammendations please." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!