Where to buy small rifle primers in IN or OH?

PDA

YodaVader
January 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
If anyone knows of a shop in Indiana (Indy area farthest west) or Ohio (Dayton area farthest east) that has small rifle match primers in inventory let me know. I am having no luck anywhere in my area - NE , IN. The only place I found even remotely close was Sinclair Int in Ft.Wayne , IN and all they had was CCI BR-4 for $40 per thousand! I guess as a last resort I might have to shell out the cash for them. They do work very well with some of my loads.

The Rem 7 1/2 or Fed 205M I cannot find anywhere?

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy small rifle primers in IN or OH?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
PTK
January 5, 2008, 11:31 AM
Small rifle primers, CCI especially, and then match on top of that? You'll be paying $40/k no matter what you do, my friend.

frankd4
January 8, 2008, 02:37 PM
Wideners sells Wolf primers small rifle about 90.00 for 5000 I have reloaded
over 8 thusand rounds no issues.

kennedy
January 8, 2008, 06:47 PM
I have been buying mine at bass pro shop in clarksville Ind, 3.49 a hundred.

bigbird1
January 8, 2008, 11:31 PM
Lafayette IN, had them in Sportsman Warehouse all brands. on the shelf for around 26-27.00:uhoh:
ops not now.

FieroCDSP
January 8, 2008, 11:34 PM
I heard a story from a the guy in my local's reloading room about how you couldn't find a small-rifle primer, of any kind, at Camp Perry this year. Don't know how truthful that is, but I know with the costs of ammo going up, many have started to reload, and that's hiking the prices of components. I hope when the job is done in Iraq and the mid-east settles down a bit, that we'll see some surplus powder and cheap primers come our way.

Then again, if the fighting stops, we should expect the government to start replenishing it's likely near-depleted supplies and be at it for a while, making sure they don't wind up short again. Regardless, it's going to be an expensive hobby for a while.

subierex
January 13, 2008, 12:47 PM
I usually buy all my primers and powder (sometimes bullets) at the local gunshow in Dayton. Comes around about once a month. $7 entry fee, no sales tax, coupled with lower prices than the local gun shops, comes out cheaper. I tend to go once a year or so and stock up, thus spreading the entrance fee over a lot of supplies.

Dunno if the guy I buy from there has small rifle primers as he does cater to SASS folks. I've bought all my primers from him, for the past 15 years (Win or CCI is his usual stock). Lot of other folks there selling reloading supplies though.

YodaVader
January 13, 2008, 01:01 PM
Well I located some CCI small rifle primers and bought a few hundred to see how they stack up against the CCI BR-4 benchrest I have on hand. I still have a small supply of Rem 7 1/2. Wish I had bought about 5 or 10 thousand when I had the chance. Thanks for the suggestions.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where to buy small rifle primers in IN or OH?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!