P.Beretta-cal22 corto-Brev.950

PDA

stptak
January 5, 2008, 12:30 PM
Hello,
I recently inherited this handgun from my Uncle. It is in exceptional condition at about 98%. While I have done some research, I haven't been able to get a lot of information. The serial number is B588XXX.

Any ideas on where to get a copy of an owner's manual? Year it was manufactured, etc? I would love to get some detailed information as the gun has great sentimental value.

Thanks in advance...

Scott

If you enjoyed reading about "P.Beretta-cal22 corto-Brev.950" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron James
January 5, 2008, 04:26 PM
Get you started, You have a Beretta 950B Minx. Corto means short which simply means it fires the .22 short. Introduced in 1956 , Importation stopped in 1968. Value in excellent condition ( like new) 125 down to 100 in good. These little guns are so simple in operation that a manual isn't really necessary , but you might try Beretta site. These little guns are a load of fun for pinking , Just the thing to slip in you pocket for walking around the north 40, Not so hot for self defense, however a face full of .22 shorts would discourage most folks. I once owned one in .25 ( 950 Jetfire), well made and dependable. best I can do. Good luck.:)

stptak
January 5, 2008, 06:09 PM
Thanks so much for the information - I can't tell you how helpful it's been. Will try the Beretta site for a manual. Is there a site you can recommend where I can check the serial number to determine the date it was manufactured?

Thanks again,
Scott

Ron James
January 5, 2008, 07:14 PM
I don't know of any site or books that will give you DOM based on serial numbers for foreign firearms, sorry about that.

If you enjoyed reading about "P.Beretta-cal22 corto-Brev.950" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!