Gew 43 Scope Mount

PDA

BowStreetRunner
July 27, 2003, 12:54 AM
My family has a Gew 43 scope by grandfather brought back from Germany
anyone have any clues as to where to find a scope mount for this rifle and scope?
thanks
BSR

If you enjoyed reading about "Gew 43 Scope Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Andrew Wyatt
July 27, 2003, 06:58 PM
do you have the rifle to go with it? A g43 with a scope on it would be a darn neat thing to have.

BowStreetRunner
July 27, 2003, 07:49 PM
we dont have a rifle yet but if we can find a scope mount dad might be convinced to shell out the thousand or so for the rifle
BSR

B27
July 27, 2003, 10:09 PM
www.brocksguns.com

Jim K
July 28, 2003, 12:53 AM
SARCO has repro mounts for (I think) $140 or so. I had the same situation, a G.43, a nice ZF4, and no mount. The repro won't fool a collector, but they are good copies and work OK. They usually require just enough fitting to be really snug on the receiver dovetail, yet easily removable. My G.43 with the scope and repro mount will shoot close to MOA with good ammo.

Jim

BowStreetRunner
July 28, 2003, 11:18 AM
I just sent an email to sarco about it.....we'll see what they say
im not sure if we'll want to pay the $1000 or so for the gun and another bill and a half for scope mount......but if we dont, the scope isnt doing us much good sitting around our house......and we could get a good price for it too,
but it was brought back by grandpa, so id hate to see it sold
a Gew 43 w/ scope would be pretty sweet
BSR

If you enjoyed reading about "Gew 43 Scope Mount" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!