Holsters - Leather vs Kydex

PDA

TimM
January 6, 2008, 02:07 PM
Which is harder on a blue finish, leather or kydex holsters? Does it vary? :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Holsters - Leather vs Kydex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
GTSteve03
January 6, 2008, 02:11 PM
Neither are going to be easy on a blued finish. Bluing just doesn't hold up well to holster wear.

I believe that a leather holster will be harder if it's not kept clean and free of any small bits of dirt or sand that might work its way into the inside. Kydex is easier to keep clean in that regard.

The Bushmaster
January 6, 2008, 03:18 PM
Holster wear gives a gun charactor...Shows it's used and loved...

Black Majik
January 6, 2008, 04:39 PM
Kydex will wear bluing faster at the contact points and chances of it spreading are slim.

Leather wears slower, but wears more than just the contact points over time.

GunNut
January 6, 2008, 07:14 PM
If you carry it in a holster it will get wear marks no matter what. All it takes is a piece of dirt/sand to get in and ruin the finish.

I won't carry a gun that I worry about wearing the finish on, come to think of it I won't own one either.

I've got both leather and kydex holsters, and switch back and forth between them.

I do agree with Black Majik on how they wear differently.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holsters - Leather vs Kydex" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!