Rcbs Pro Need Helppp!!!!!!!!!!!

PDA

Moccw
January 6, 2008, 08:53 PM
everytime i go down to prime the primer plug is hitting the middle of the aps strips, what can I do???

If you enjoyed reading about "Rcbs Pro Need Helppp!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lordgroom
January 6, 2008, 09:44 PM
I have found that sometimes this happens when I have pressed primers into the wrong strip or when the primers are seated a little higher than the strip. Simple moved the strip by hand into position i.e., move it till it clicks. After loading the primer strips I turn them over on a flat surface and press the whole stirp down then run my finger over the the strip to make sure none of the primers are proud.

A second thing to do... make sure the screws are tight on the indexing parts. There is a plastic part the strikes metal part attached to the press. This advances the primer strip. The plastic cover can be easily removed but take care not to lose the hex head screw. Under that plastic piece there is a hex head screw the mounts the indexing feature through the press. Simply make sure that is tight.

It is also a good idea to ensure the primer seating pin is fully screwed in. There is a nut under the press that if removed allows you to change the priming pin from small primer to large primer. The large primer pin is silver. Make sure the "ram" part of the pin is completely screwed in. When I called RCBS they informed me this is usually locktighted into place. Let me know if this makes sense.

I also use compressed air rt blow out the APS strip area of the press to make sure no powder is in there.

earplug
January 7, 2008, 12:46 PM
Check the return spring that is around the discard primer tube.
My spring was coil binding on the down stroke.
I do have two red colored strips that for some reason don't want to run right.
I can't see any obvious problem with them.

realbuffdriver
January 7, 2008, 05:00 PM
You may need to remove the plate covering the APS mechanism and clean things out. I once crushed a primer and the primer powder (as well as the anvil!) got caught up in there.

Even if you haven't crushed a primer, just the standard crud that accumulates over time can cause things to not work smoothly. After each reloading session, I use my shop vac to help remove any spent primer residue that may have fallen in there.

Finally, if none of these suggestions work for you, call RCBS! They will send any parts necessary to get things up and running, free of charge.

Best of Luck,

RealBuffDriver

spencerhut
January 7, 2008, 05:32 PM
Sounds like some powder got in there. If that isn't it call RCBS - nice folks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rcbs Pro Need Helppp!!!!!!!!!!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!