Downloaded 243 ammo?

PDA

BsChoy
January 7, 2008, 08:50 PM
I have a bug in my rear to buy/build a medium wieght 243 caliber rifle. I was going to use the urge to save to build something in the ilk of the 6mm-223(6mm international). Seemed straight forward and easy to make brass and I have the powders for the 223 which work in the caliber already. But I got to thinking, those powders (IMR 4064 and H4895) work in the 243 winchester you just lose a little velocity, which is fine as I want something to throw 95 grain partitions at 2800-2900 fps for the light recoil. I am tired of getting my butt kicked by full house 30-06 rounds at the bench. I have lost my flinch thanks to reloading and shooting so much more but I still HATE taking a 2800-2900 fps 165 grain round from the bench.

So to sum up anyone use faster powders in the 243 with good results? If so, whats your recipe?

If you enjoyed reading about "Downloaded 243 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "Downloaded 243 ammo?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!