deburring .308 case

PDA

kennedy
January 9, 2008, 09:48 PM
If I only neck size and don`t need to trim, do I still need to debur the inside and outside of the case neck?

If you enjoyed reading about "deburring .308 case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kludge
January 9, 2008, 11:24 PM
I only debur when I trim.

bkjeffrey
January 9, 2008, 11:30 PM
If you dont mind me asking, what type of firearm are you shootin them out of?

kennedy
January 10, 2008, 10:12 PM
rem 700

Bitswap
January 10, 2008, 11:13 PM
When I get brand new brass, I set my trimmer just to square the end since I don't know if it is (square) or not.

My trimmer automatically deburrs. But if it didn't, I'd give it a few turns and test it with my fingernail to confirm.

Once fired, sized, and neck sized... they enter the normal cycle of trimming since they usually grow a bit.

ADKWOODSMAN
January 10, 2008, 11:29 PM
Inside neck ream once fired or new brass. As already posted timmed brass should be rereamed.

birdbustr
January 10, 2008, 11:39 PM
I just do it for my big game rifles since I could be shooting long ranges. Even then I only do it after the initial sizing and trimming.

If you enjoyed reading about "deburring .308 case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!