deburring .308 case

PDA

kennedy
January 9, 2008, 09:52 PM
If I only neck size and don`t need to trim, do I still need to debur the inside and outside of the case neck?

If you enjoyed reading about "deburring .308 case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chawbaccer
January 9, 2008, 10:04 PM
I de-bur and chamfer new brass, the first re-load of factory ammo and newly trimmed brass. So it depends on what brass you are loading.

langenc
January 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
2nd time and after-NO. First yes and first after trimming the case length-or any time the mouth is messed with except by a die.

kennedy
January 9, 2008, 10:56 PM
this will be the second reload, so I am going to pass this step. how about the primer pocket? clean?

jenrob
January 10, 2008, 12:55 AM
I just barely touch the neck every time I load. Just enough to make it shiney could probly do it with a copper neck brush. I don't know why I do it I just have got in this habit. As far as cleaning the primer pockets I do it on all my rifle with the exception of AR brass and I don't bother with pistol pockets. I use an RCBS trim mate and a primer pocket uniformer takes about 1 second a piece same with the necks I also use a VLD debur on the trim mate. Makes quick work of it.

If you enjoyed reading about "deburring .308 case" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!