Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day

PDA

Blaster
January 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
Last years Lobby Day was a great success. We need everyone to make an effort to make it this year.

Click here for info (http://illinoiscarry.com/igold08.html)

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
scout26
January 11, 2008, 12:53 AM
I'm in and will get he word out at my club.

We also need to have "THR handle" nametags for the reception so that we can meet and greet each other.

Blaster
January 14, 2008, 03:02 PM
If you would like to help get the word out about Lobby Day go to this link and print out and help distribute to gun shops, gun clubs,VFW ect.

Link to IGOLD08 flyer (http://www.illinoiscarry.com/IGOLD08a.pdf)

Thanks

Autolycus
January 14, 2008, 03:31 PM
I am interested as well. Tag for later.

Johnnybgood
January 14, 2008, 04:49 PM
My wife and I will be there. Am going to try and get at least 3 more people to finish loading my car. We had app 1500 people show last year. We would like to at least double that number this year. It was right after IGOLD last year that the AWB and Magazine ban got shelved. The more of us get out of our comfy chairs and show up for this the more the legislatures are going to listen to us.

iamkris
January 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
If I haven't found a job by then out of state, I'll be in.

sctman800
January 16, 2008, 03:43 AM
I was there last year and will be there again this year. I got copies of the flyer made today and started hanging them on bulliten boards. Jim.

Kingcreek
January 16, 2008, 05:02 PM
I'm trying to work it out and I should be able to be there. I couldn't make it last year but went the year before.
Any additional detail on the bus scheds? or maybe ride-sharing?

lee n. field
January 16, 2008, 07:38 PM
I think I'll do it this time. UP a little early, but I can sleep on the bus.

Blaster
January 17, 2008, 12:37 AM
Any additional detail on the bus scheds? or maybe ride-sharing?

Where are you coming from?

Kingcreek
January 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
SE Henry County. I'm within an hour of the QuadCities, Galesburg, or Peoria.

Blaster
January 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
SE Henry County. I'm within an hour of the QuadCities, Galesburg, or Peoria.

Here ya go. Click here for flyer (http://www.illinoiscarry.com/08Quad.doc)

Kingcreek
January 18, 2008, 12:06 PM
Thanks Blaster.
I'm booked for departure from Moline.

Blaster
January 19, 2008, 10:36 AM
You can now purchase your tickets on line. IGOLD Bus Tickets (http://igold.isra.org/buses.shtm)

Blackbeard
January 19, 2008, 05:25 PM
Thinking about going. I've never lobbied anyone for anything before. Any advice for me?

Blaster
January 19, 2008, 06:18 PM
Thinking about going. I've never lobbied anyone for anything before. Any advice for me?

Everything you will need to know about lobbying will be explained when we all meet at the Grand Hilton Ballroom. You won't be sorry you made the trip.

scout26
January 19, 2008, 06:19 PM
Blackbeard,

You don't have to "lobby" if you don't want. You get a button to wear so that all the legislators can identify "us". I normally setup a meeting with my Rep. and Sen. to discuss 2A (and other) issues. Most like to see and talk with their constituents.

Depending on what's on the agenda/schedule for that day, you may just sit in on various committee meetings (which may or may not having anything to do with 2A issues). Basically it's a show of force - Look, you're elected servants, we've got x number of gunowners (see all the folks wearing IGOLD buttons) who are willing to take the day off work to come down and keep an eye on you for the day. Think how many didn't come today when you go to vote on 2A legislation and how many of us vote.

Just your "presence" is lobbying, you don't have to say a word. That's why it's important. If nothing else you can meet other Illinois gunowners during the day and at the reception at the end of the day.

We will need the

Hello, My Name Is:

stickers to wear so that we can say "HI".

Kingcreek
January 20, 2008, 12:46 PM
remeber to dress for respect, business casual or better.
ie don't wear the camo or the T-shirt that says, "Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store".

If you enjoyed reading about "Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!