410 Reloader?

PDA

hawkeye1
January 11, 2008, 12:39 PM
I have been reloading 12 and 20 gauge on Lee Load All for years. They work great and cost next to nothing. I know they are not as fast as those great looking progressives, but the price is too good.

Anyway, I would like very much to start reloading for my 410's. Lee does not make the Load All in that size. What would be a good economical way to start reloading for this great round? Any ideas?

Also, what would be a good powder to start with?
Thanks.

good shooting

If you enjoyed reading about "410 Reloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
12Bravo20
January 11, 2008, 01:47 PM
Get a MEC 600 and you won't regret it. I bought one about 12 years ago to reload .410 and it's still going strong after thousands of rounds reloaded.

scout26
January 11, 2008, 11:04 PM
Yep, for .410 reloading a MEC 600jr is the way to go. I tried to use a progessive for a while. It was faster to us the single stage. Those tiny hulls just aren't made to make progressive reloading easy.

hawkeye1
January 12, 2008, 11:28 AM
What would I need to get started besides the Mec Jr? Does it come with everyting I need to start pulling the handle? How about average cost for one of those?

enfield
January 12, 2008, 12:23 PM
You'll also need a reloading manual, hulls, primers, powder, wads and shot. New MEC presses are a bit over $100 + shipping on the web, and used ones are in the $60-$75 range the last time I looked on Ebay. 2 1/2 inch hulls are commonly available, 3 inch are not.

scrat
January 12, 2008, 07:10 PM
I dont shoot very much .410. However i wanted to reload for them as well. so i picked up 2 lee classic loaders. Its actually not that bad. Takes longer to load a rifle or handgun shell compared to loading a .410. however they are getting pretty costly and hard to come by. Even on ebay most will sell for up to 80.00. They work very good though.

12Bravo20
January 12, 2008, 10:28 PM
I did the math a couple of months ago and I can reload a box of 3" shells for around $4 which is at least half of what factory ammo will cost. I reload 3" for hunting and 2 1/2" for informal skeet shooting (not good enough yet to compete).

If you enjoyed reading about "410 Reloader?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!