Price check - S&W Model 66 .357

PDA

matsaleh
July 28, 2003, 04:19 AM
Is $259 for a 4" stainless model in Very Good condition an okay price?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check - S&W Model 66 .357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stans
July 28, 2003, 07:20 AM
Sounds good to me! I would buy at that price if the revolver passes all the check out tests.

ruger357
July 28, 2003, 10:28 AM
Good price, go for it.

Preacherman
July 28, 2003, 12:57 PM
Excellent price if it's in VG condition - they'd normally go for $295-$325 around here, with those in "fair to good" condition at a lower mark.

Brian Williams
July 28, 2003, 01:33 PM
Not bad, not terrific
What grips?
What Dash number? Look on the frame behind the cylinder yoke.
Target trigger or smooth?
wide hammer or narrow?
Post the first four or five digits of the serial number and some of us will get the manufacture date for you.

10-Ring
July 28, 2003, 09:36 PM
Pretty good price, get it!

matsaleh
July 28, 2003, 10:00 PM
Looks like I'm not going to be able to spend much $$ for a while - just got hit with a medical bill :(.

The gun is one of several for sale at Southern Ohio Guns Southern Ohio Guns (scroll to the bottom) (http://www.southernohiogun.com/surplus_hand.html) in case one of you guys is interested. From reading other posts about SOG, they have good prices on good guns. I also hear that it's not worth paying the handpick fee.

If they still have them in a few weeks I may get one. It just seemed like such a darn good price. I'm really looking for a CCW 9mm, but I already have one that will do for now, and this gun just has that *appeal*, you know?

Cheers, and thanks again!

RustyHammer
July 29, 2003, 07:09 PM
I'd go for it ... assuming it functions well and is in very good shape.

MR.G
July 30, 2003, 10:00 PM
In very good condition they go for about $350.00 around here. Get it.

FPrice
July 30, 2003, 10:36 PM
Assuming it checks out okay that is a very good price. These are good guns. I have one and like it a lot.

If you enjoyed reading about "Price check - S&W Model 66 .357" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!