looking for worth of a mossberg & sons 22 rifle

PDA

eclipticrider
January 12, 2008, 07:27 PM
hello all, not sure if i put this in the right section or not...

can anyone look up the value for this gun for me? I got it at an estate auction for $50, I'd say it's in ok condition. the trigger guard is broken, and it needs to be re-finished to be perfect.

the only writings on the gun are:
O.F. Mossberg & Sons. Inc.
New Haven Conn. USA.
NO.26(the next letter might either be a C or a 0 some letters/numbers are fully printed out...) 22 s-l-lr

thanks for any help/info.

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for worth of a mossberg & sons 22 rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Il Duca
January 12, 2008, 07:59 PM
Sounds like a 26C. Not extremely collectable as far as old Mossbergs go, but they're great shooters. I'd say you did pretty good for $50 if it's in good shape. It should look like this:
http://home.epix.net/~damguy/26b.jpg

Try www.havlinsales.com for the trigger guard. And come visit your new brothers at www.Rimfirecentral.com we're in the Mossberg section. But be warned, now that you own a classic Mossberg .22 you will be powerless against the urge to own one of every model.

eclipticrider
January 12, 2008, 09:34 PM
yea, mine doesn't look nearly as nice as that... it needs to be touched up with blueing, and strip and refinish the wood. I shot about 50 or so rounds and it's fairly damn accurate at about 75 yards... I was just hoping to turn some profit on it... all well it'll look nice on the wall once I re-finish it...

MCgunner
January 12, 2008, 09:35 PM
Old Mossberg stuff can be a little high. I found a replacement receiver peep sight for my 152 once, 65 bucks. It ain't worth 65 bucks. I'd stick a Williams or something on it for that. Has a 50 dollar scope on it right now. I'm not that anxious to put it back to original.

If you enjoyed reading about "looking for worth of a mossberg & sons 22 rifle" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!