Sundance channel-Automat Kalashnikov

PDA

38snapcaps
July 28, 2003, 02:34 PM
Just finished watching this and the producers are definitely NOT on our side!

The credits at the end show some UN organization as the sponsor and it comes to be no surprise.

All thru the show, which does show some very interesting interviews with the AK's designer, there is this subtle messge that small arms, the AK in particular, are terrible devices. Of course there is the Hollywood bank shoot out and they interview kids who talk about their friends carrying cut down AK's under their coats, as if this is commonplace. They even put on these two cops who obviously thiink no one should have more firepower than they do with their 9mm's and shotguns. These two would have made good Gestapo agents. The police should be all powerful, the citizens should not. I guess these two have never studied German or Russian history.

I felt uneasy during the whole program despite the excellent film footage of events in WW II and Russian army training. Something just wasn't right about it. I got my answer why during the ten minute analysis, at the end of the show, where these two UN types talk about how the violence problems of the world are due to too many AK's loose and there should be a very strict accounting of each and every one of them so only certain "approved" (by the UN of course) military groups have any kind of small arms at all. No one else needs such a weapon and should not be allowed to have one.

This is pure propaganda, folks, the likes of which would make Joseph Goebbels proud (and Bill Clinton fans too). Its passed off as a documentary about the designer's life and a study of his firearms. You get a good dose of shot up bodies and revolutionaries running around with AK's. Clearly the producers don't approve of the common man resisting their governments and most definitely the common man should not be allowed to have any weapons to do the resisting with.

Think about how a show like this affects the typical viewer, who has not been taught history in school, is told to depend on 911, the police and the government will protect you, they are convinced that kids shouldn't play army, and is in general terrified of guns because they really do just go off all the time by themselves!

What really scares me is this kind of disinformation could likely be shown in high schools and colleges. Mandatory viewing, of course, with discussion afterward led by our special guest, Janet Reno.

Man, this sickens my heart, I'm 56, but my daughters and grandchildren will have to live in this world the idiots that produced this film want to have.

If you enjoyed reading about "Sundance channel-Automat Kalashnikov" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MicroBalrog
July 28, 2003, 04:39 PM
Man, this sickens my heart, I'm 56, but my daughters and grandchildren will have to live in this world the idiots that produced this film want to have.

There's 90,000,000 AK's out there. Think a lousy movie will make them disappear?

Go AK!:evil:

SteyrAUG
July 28, 2003, 06:05 PM
Don't you know? Guns are bad. :rolleyes:

If you enjoyed reading about "Sundance channel-Automat Kalashnikov" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!