New test S&W revolver I just heard about...

PDA

Steelharp
July 28, 2003, 08:39 PM
Stopped in at my local haunt today, and my buddy Gerald told me one of the other regulars stopped in the end of last week to pick up his new SW 500. I was sorry I missed seeing it. Gerald said the SW rep told him they have manufactured a test cylinder for the big'un chambered in .223. It holds nine rounds. They haven't made a barrel yet, just the cylinder.

Wouldn't that be fun?

Mikey D...

If you enjoyed reading about "New test S&W revolver I just heard about..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Markowitz
July 28, 2003, 08:49 PM
I can't imagine how loud that would be. :eek:

10-Ring
July 29, 2003, 12:31 AM
:eek: or more like :what: That new Smith revolver sounds like a beast!

Bergeron
July 29, 2003, 12:36 AM
I once had the opprotunity to heft a Taurus Raging Bull in .22 Hornet, this could be just as cool, and I would definently desire one.

Intune
July 29, 2003, 12:41 AM
Mikey, was that at Hunts in H'ville? I was in there and was talking to the guy about ammo & noticed they had some S&W 500. He told me that a guy had picked up the only one they had.

Steelharp
July 29, 2003, 02:02 AM
Intune, yeah, it was at Hunt's! Small world... guess we need to talk...

Mikey D...

Gordon
July 29, 2003, 02:13 AM
So what we'd have is a 4 pound model 53! I wonder if the cases will back out? I wonder if the 6" barrel velocity will be over 2200fps? Time marches backwards one more time!:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Intune
July 29, 2003, 08:19 AM
I think we already did talk! Were you telling the counter guy that you got off at 4 and after that people could... I was in there ordering ammo around 4:45 or so. :cool: got your email, will holler.

Steelharp
July 29, 2003, 08:29 AM
No, that wasn't me... we haven't talked yet... I was already home hollerin' at the kids by that time... :D

Mikey D...

If you enjoyed reading about "New test S&W revolver I just heard about..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!