You'd think she'd learn

PDA

Josh Aston
January 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
You'd think she'd figure out that just maybe her thumb shouldn't be there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR5kz3EUPqQ&NR=1

If you enjoyed reading about "You'd think she'd learn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
oneslowgun
January 18, 2008, 03:36 AM
Yes her form is way wrong, but she is there (at the range) and not whimpering that the pistol may start killing everyone around at any second... Give her a break, and a bit more training.

BobbyQuickdraw
January 18, 2008, 04:21 AM
The blame should lay on the person "teaching" her to shoot and taping it. Instead of letting her get bit three times, show her how to shoot right the first time.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F7cQa4kf0s&NR=1

When this girl turns with the gun, I ducked in my chair. And again, another (boy?)friend not teaching her how to shoot.

Apple a Day
January 18, 2008, 05:56 AM
And he should be starting her off with something that won't make her lurch back with a massive flinch... and she should be close enough that she doesn't have to ask "am I even hitting it?"...
The instructor is doing a lousy job.

Walkalong
January 18, 2008, 08:44 AM
The blame should lay on the person "teaching" her to shoot and taping it. Instead of letting her get bit three times, show her how to shoot right the first time.
Huge Ditto!

highorder
January 18, 2008, 09:01 AM
and she should be close enough that she doesn't have to ask "am I even hitting it?"...

+1

new shooters need reactive targets to increase feedback, or in this case, the target needs to be much closer.

ZeSpectre
January 18, 2008, 09:31 AM
I've long since lost count of the number of times I've corrected folks who are holding a semi-auto that way. I've also lost count of the number of band-aids I've handed out to people who didn't listen :rolleyes:

JohnMcD348
January 18, 2008, 09:53 AM
I made a similar mistake the other week with my Father in Law. I took him shooting while he was here over the Holidays. I had my 1911, PPK/s and 686 at the range for him to shoot. I gave no thought to the idea he didn't know how to hold a SemiAuto. He started off with the 686, firing .357 handloads that were loaded light and he wasn't fond of them. I gave him some factory .38spl and he was happy. I told him the PPKs was about the same recoil wise but in a smaller package. I didn't really pay attention to him because he had been in the Navy(back in the 60's), I assumed he had a basic working knowledge of SemiAutos.

Well, first round sliced a nice double groove along his left thumb. To make matters worse, he's on coumadin, a blood thinning medication. OMG! It looked like a mass casuality along the firing line by the time I got the bleeding under control. Good thing I had my medic kit in the car.

CraigJS
January 18, 2008, 10:53 AM
I learned not to hold a semi auto that way when I was 10. (46 years ago)
Colt Woodsman .22 wish I still had that gun..
CraigJS

pbearperry
January 18, 2008, 11:05 AM
I am not sure,but maybe there is some truth to all those blonde jokes out there?

Steve N
January 18, 2008, 12:37 PM
[quote I am not sure,but maybe there is some truth to all those blonde jokes out there? quote]

Only if the instructor/cameraman is blonde!

She needs to be taught proper form.

jfrey123
January 18, 2008, 06:50 PM
IMO, the woman in the OP's video needs to be shooting a large circle bullseye, NOT a silhouette with a BG on it. When introducing new people, especially women, to guns they don't need the "kill 'em all" attitude. It has worked better for me when letting simply put holes in paper. Big bulls mean more hits, means a happier first time. Also shouldn't have them shooting anything above a rimfire...

Now, if they catch on, you'd be surprised how fast they transition from small guns punching paper to give me that .44 and the bad guy target on their own :cool:

average_shooter
January 18, 2008, 06:58 PM
And then there's this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V94csBllxfY&NR=1

Wish I knew her...

Bazooka Joe71
January 18, 2008, 07:07 PM
For lack of a better word(there is no instruction given) this is by far the worst instructer I have ever seen...Why didn't he/she tell her to look down the barrel with her finger on the trigger to see if her "clip is out of bullets" while he/she is at it.:rolleyes:

bikerdoc
January 18, 2008, 08:11 PM
:banghead:i am sad that poor girl was trying hard and bozo instuctor, boyfriend, whatever, is more interested in shooting a video

cobrian45
January 18, 2008, 11:24 PM
The problem isn't lack of instruction at the time of the shooting (which is obviously lacking). The problem is the lack of instruction before shooting. My wife knew how to handle a gun way before I put a loaded one in her hands. Some of these look like, "hey, lets go to the range and rent a gun to shoot" silliness.

If you enjoyed reading about "You'd think she'd learn" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!