Australian General's response to anti-gun reporter

PDA

Slater
January 18, 2008, 05:38 PM
From a British military website (www.arrse.com):

THE BEST COMEBACK LINE EVER? Australian General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio the other day and you'll love his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.

This is one of the best comeback lines of all time. It is a portion of ABC interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE: Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

If you enjoyed reading about "Australian General's response to anti-gun reporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Gingerbreadman
January 18, 2008, 05:40 PM
I think that just made my entire week. Thankyou for that one :)

macFarlaine
January 18, 2008, 05:43 PM
Good on ya mate....

41magsnub
January 18, 2008, 05:44 PM
sigh...

http://www.snopes.com/military/reinwald.asp

SaxonPig
January 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
Urban myth.

Never happened.

Story has been going around for a few years.

Never heard it told as an Aussie general, though. That's a new twist.

Not gun related so this thread will be locked soon.

esq_stu
January 18, 2008, 05:45 PM
love it! I can't wait to use that line.

macFarlaine
January 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
Well I have never heard it....I wish I were as smug..sigh...

hso
January 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
Shows up from time to time as a USMC Officer or US Army Officer, but this is the first time that it has shown up as a foreign officer.

It is funny, but it never happened, like so many really cool things we wish someone had said.

41magsnub
January 18, 2008, 05:50 PM
Well I have never heard it....I wish I were as smug..sigh...

You must be new to the Internet, welcome!

macFarlaine
January 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
Well we all start somewhere,or maybe some of us work...making guns,and then trying to learn a little more on sites like this..
When I was at school we called people like yourself "spoil sports" very English and of course polite.

Justin
January 18, 2008, 05:59 PM
If I had a nickel for every time this was posted on a forum and/or showed up in my email inbox, I'd probably have about $3.50.

If you enjoyed reading about "Australian General's response to anti-gun reporter" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!