Pre-Ban, Brady Bill, Assault Weapons

PDA

Uncle Chan
January 18, 2008, 10:45 PM
All,

This will surely sound like a dumb question, but that won't stop me from asking it. :)

For those individuals who had high capacity mags and owned weapons banned by the Brady Bill, what did you all do with the high capacity mags after the bill went into affect? Were you grandfathered? Were you required to turn them in? What about folding stocks and other banned furniture and accessories?

Just curious. :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Pre-Ban, Brady Bill, Assault Weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
skinewmexico
January 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
Grandfathered

cslinger
January 18, 2008, 10:56 PM
There was a grandfather clause.

Chris

Uncle Chan
January 18, 2008, 11:48 PM
Thanks all!

dmftoy1
January 19, 2008, 06:58 AM
The thing to be aware of in any 'new' bill is that they'll most likely make them grandfathered for the current owner, but you won't be able to "transfer" them to a new owner. That's what the last 2 iterations of the one they're trying to pass in IL has looked like. I'd imagine there's a template out there . .probably based on the CA law that would be the basis of any new federal AWB.

Just my un-educated .02

If you enjoyed reading about "Pre-Ban, Brady Bill, Assault Weapons" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!