Looking for "Bottom Eject" patents

PDA

twoblink
January 19, 2008, 05:17 AM
Most bottom ejects (Ithaca and Browning being the two that come to the top of my head, I own a browning) are based off I assume, the patents of John Moses Browning.

I also assume that the original patent is out of protection now.

I'm hoping someone will know the patent number of the original patent, and save me some headache of searching, or at least tell me where besides the USPTO I might be able to take a look at.

I'm looking hopefully for an exploded diagram.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for "Bottom Eject" patents" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ash
January 19, 2008, 07:12 AM
The Chinese make it so it is out of protection.

Ash

briansmithwins
January 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
FN P90 subgun is bottom ejecting too.

BSW

deth502
January 19, 2008, 12:00 PM
remington model 10

id like to get one one day.

JohnMc
January 19, 2008, 01:19 PM
The Chinese make it so it is out of protection.
In China, copyright means "the right to copy." :D

I tried poking around www.uspto.gov and didn't find the right patents. Probably need better search terms.

squirrel sniper
January 19, 2008, 01:46 PM
the calicos eject out the bottom

rcmodel
January 19, 2008, 02:49 PM
I'm just guessing, but I doubt that the bottom ejection part was ever patented.

Browning, and possibly Remington held the patents on the .22 Auto design, but bottom ejection was just a result of the design, not a patented feature of it.

The Ithaca 37 was designed by someone else, as have been all other bottom ejection firearms in recent memory.

John Pederson and C.C. Loomas were John Browning contemporaries who also designed bottom ejecting firearms at about the same time.

At any rate, the Browning designed Model 24 Remington was first made in 1922, (Browning .22 Auto = 1956) so any patent on bottom ejection using that exact action design would have long since expired.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

squirrel sniper
January 19, 2008, 03:03 PM
now that i think about it, rcmodel is right. If you could patent that there would be a patent for the barrel, the mag, the idea of ejecting spent casings, the trigger, I think you get the idea where im going

rcmodel
January 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
HMMMMMMM!
You got me thinking now!

Note to self: Self, see a Parent Attorney Monday ASAP.

Just think of the Royalty Checks I can rake in for patenting Side Ejection! :D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j219/rcmodel/KTOG/1224.gif
rcmodel

twoblink
January 21, 2008, 02:00 AM
I actually need an exploded diagram, as I'm going to have a CAD drawing made.

So any diagrams or pics of things like an Ithaca or Browning BPS would be great.

Thanks!

Ash
January 21, 2008, 06:57 AM
I'm pretty sure bottom ejection was patented as they patented everything.S&W patented fully-bored cylinders and so dominated the revolver market for a long while - and spent a good amount of time suing for patent infringement. Anything to make your design unique got a patent, even if it was just a different trigger or main-spring design. After all, there are a tremendous number of revolver patents from the late 1800's. Now, how many parts can one possibly patent on a revolver?

Ash

Trebor
January 21, 2008, 07:10 AM
I believe Maxim had a bottom ejecting patent.

I think the bottom ejection set up on the FN 2000 is covered by a patent as well.

At last years SHOT show the guys at the Kel Tec booth were talking about the design of their bullpup rifle. They mentioned the FN patent and said they used the method closer to to that of the old Maxim patent instead.

twoblink
January 22, 2008, 11:02 AM
Nobody has at least a parts list diagram or better yet, exploded diagram of a bottom eject??

twoblink
January 24, 2008, 06:52 AM
The original JMB bottom eject patent..

Attached, just so someone who is looking for it won't have to go through all I did to find it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Looking for "Bottom Eject" patents" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!