I have a fal question, is a llittle play between receivers normal

PDA

datruth
January 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
I just got my stg58 yesterday ,new , and I notice a little play between receiver halves, I spent good money on it and wont to make sure Im not over reacting, or should I worry?

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a fal question, is a llittle play between receivers normal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bwana John
January 19, 2008, 05:16 PM
side to side, or up and down?

silverlance
January 19, 2008, 05:52 PM
exactly.
i wouldnt worry too much... why dont you fire it and find out?
that said, it really should slop around either way. on the other hand, i have an AR that is tight as **#*#!! and although it gives excellent groups it is a total PITA to disassemble as I have to break out a punch and brass hammer to do so. the other AR i have can be disassembled with just mjy fingers.

silverlance
January 19, 2008, 05:55 PM
exactly.
i wouldnt worry too much... why dont you fire it and find out?
that said, it really should slop around either way. on the other hand, i have an AR that is tight as **#*#!! and although it gives excellent groups it is a total PITA to disassemble as I have to break out a punch and brass hammer to do so. the other AR i have can be disassembled with just mjy fingers.

If you enjoyed reading about "I have a fal question, is a llittle play between receivers normal" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!