Need Info On NRA Insurance

PDA

doc540
January 20, 2008, 11:24 AM
Any NRA members here have experience filing a claim under the $1,000 membership coverage?

I found the "master policy" HERE (http://www.locktonrisk.com/nrains/SectionIII.pdf)

What's been the real world claims experience?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Info On NRA Insurance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TexasRifleman
January 20, 2008, 11:31 AM
I know several people that have used this insurance; both the $1000 standard and the extra coverage available.

I've never heard anyone complain about the speed of the claim or the service.

You may not be happy with the amount you are paid since it's an actual cash value policy, not replacement cost but that's pretty standard for most insurance; car, boat and otherwise.

doc540
January 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
Is there a $100 deductible? I've read section III, Deductible, several times and still don't understand it clearly.:confused:

TexasRifleman
January 20, 2008, 11:55 AM
The policy you have linked to is the "Arms Care Plus" policy, this is the coverage you can buy that goes above and beyond the $1000 that comes with your NRA membership.

You need to find the policy called "Arms Care" not "Plus" to see the free insurance that comes with the membership.

The description says If the total value of your firearms and accessories is over $1000, this policy is what you are looking for.

doc540
January 20, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks, looks like I'm back to searching for what I need to find.:o

TexasRifleman
January 20, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah its kinda odd. They tell you to "click here" for the policy, but it's not the ArmsCare.

You might have to call that Lockton Risk bunch during the week and ask for a copy, all the links seem to lead back to the "Plus" version.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need Info On NRA Insurance" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!