Primer Question

PDA

hoji
January 20, 2008, 03:52 PM
I ejected a live round from my DPMS LR308 yesterday and noticed a light "strike " on the primer. Loaded another round and ejected it and it had the same "strike" mark on the primer. Is this normal? Is it safe to rechamber these rounds ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Primer Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
HOLY DIVER
January 20, 2008, 06:37 PM
what kinda primers are you useing?i ran into the same problem with my thompson/center turned out to be hard primmers (CCI)i switched to winchester primers and my T/C has not missed a beat since

TexasRifleman
January 20, 2008, 06:47 PM
Pretty common in floating firing pin weapons. Some primers are hard enough you don't see a dent, some get the light strike like you see.

What brand was the ammo?

But yes, the ammo is probably still safe to shoot but you probably want to change brands.

hoji
January 20, 2008, 07:29 PM
The ammo is Federal 150gr soft point.

And thanks for the info.

HOLY DIVER
January 20, 2008, 07:46 PM
federal is normaly very good ammo.....try different ammo if you still have the problem clean the firing pin/spring if the prblem is still there change the spring i'd say

hoji
January 21, 2008, 09:29 AM
It is the gun and it is appearantly normal.

If you enjoyed reading about "Primer Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!