bjones sights for AR-15?

PDA

RM
January 20, 2008, 08:23 PM
Anyone use bjones sights on their ar-15? I would appreciate any commments on their usefulness. Thank you.

If you enjoyed reading about "bjones sights for AR-15?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
lmccrock
January 20, 2008, 09:45 PM
What do you want to do with it? I installed a smaller aperture (although it is Frank White, not bjones) for shooting highpower. I did not get the lens (probably should have but I quit shooting highpower). If you are shooting fixed targets with iron sights, they make it easier to shoot smaller groups. The narrower aperture makes it harder to pick up dynamic targets (say, 3-gun matches).

If you install the small aperture, you might install a narrower front post, too.

Lee

Fatelvis
January 21, 2008, 07:17 PM
I use the Jones sight (with lens) in my match M1A, and it works great!

Howard Roark
January 21, 2008, 08:12 PM
I use Bob Jones lenses in my AR and M1A for highpower. Without them I can't keep the front post sharp, especially at the 600 yard line. They make it possible to focus on the front sight. If you can't focus then you need either perscription shooting glasses or a lens system.

If you enjoyed reading about "bjones sights for AR-15?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!