Gun Related T-Shirts

PDA

BobbyQuickdraw
January 21, 2008, 06:21 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm about to get into the T-Shirt online sales business to test out how we do. A few friends of mine with design experience are going to give it a whirl, because we think we have some clever ideas.

I was wondering if you guys here buy t-shirts online, or purchase generally gun related shirts. I can't talk about specific designs until the site goes up, but was just curious what the market was long among THR fellows.

Hopefully my first attempt at a poll will be successful.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related T-Shirts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1911NM
January 21, 2008, 06:31 PM
I can only say from what I have read on this and other CCW forums, seems like most people stay away from gun related clothing (grey man theory), or bumperstickers, etc. I wear brand related shirts, caps, when I am in a competition, but that's about it. Good luck though, and maybe some snazzy ideas might turn me around.

mekender
January 21, 2008, 06:59 PM
i would be much more inclined to buy hats, jackets, gloves and bags than i would shirts... no sense in advertising to people that i wouldnt want to know... plus i have found that i wear t-shirts so rarely any more that im about to just get rid of em to free up a spot in my dresser

Winchester 73
January 21, 2008, 07:15 PM
I buy firearm brand name T-shirts such as S&W and H&K.Also gun rights orgs shirts from the NRA,etc.
Have yet to buy an ecletic type T-shirt such as you are proposing.
There is always a first time.Good luck and let see us the line when it comes out.

m1009
January 21, 2008, 07:29 PM
are from Knob Creek, so they have different guns on them, depending on what is printed that time! Usually, though, I'd stick with a freedom type message, something with the 2nd Amendment, etc on it. I do have one I really like, though, says sniper: don't run, you'll only die tired! with crosshairs on it....:)
Have to see what you come up with. I always like to wear a gun related t-shirt when I go to the range.

taliv
January 21, 2008, 09:44 PM
i bought 8 of oleg's t-shirts, and i have t-shirts from camp perry. that's about it.

Cmdr. Gravez0r
January 21, 2008, 10:12 PM
I want to see a 7.62x39 shirt, maybe something with a hammer and sickle (sp?--i used to could spell that) motif or maybe a black and white mockup of the primer end of a shell on the back of a t-shirt.

Guitargod1985
January 21, 2008, 10:24 PM
I only have two gun related shirts. I wear gun related clothing when I am on a trip to the range or sometimes if I am in a place that I can't legally carry. Otherwise, I'm carrying concealed and I don't want to give that impression to anyone in case I need it.

kd7nqb
January 21, 2008, 10:24 PM
I try to find all the gun related t-shirts I can. But they are hard to come by.

Blakenzy
January 21, 2008, 10:41 PM
The only gun related T-shirts I own are those that are sometimes given to you when you make a new gun purchase from a gunstore, which usually only have the the brand logo of the gun you just bought printed on the chest or back. I have never seen a gun related T-shirt in clothes stores, but then again I never looked at online stores...

BobbyQuickdraw
January 21, 2008, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the input so far! Not all of our stuff will be gun related and the stuff that is will have some humor to it. Not sure on how many shirts will end up with different Freedom Type sayings, but possibly some. Once we've got the designs ready and they're for sale, I'll let people know. I think there are going to be 1 or 2 that will be attractive to some people here!

And one thing we might do, as some relatively young guys with extra time on our hands is do custom designs. If its a popular design, we'll keep it on our site, or if someone would want a design solely for themselves, we'd custom design it and then take it off the site. That would of course be subject to an extra fee, as its not a great business model.

But thanks again for the input and I'll be sure to post when we're up and running! Thanks!

springmom
January 21, 2008, 10:58 PM
I have my eye on a pink camo Browning hat over at Carter's Country :D And then there's my husband's tee shirt "Celebrate Diversity"...with pictures of handguns all over it :D:D:D

Springmom

jakeswensonmt
January 21, 2008, 11:26 PM
I have some, but I only wear them to the range or other gun-related events. Don't want to advertise.
My favorite is the "Celebrate Diversity" (http://www.thoseshirts.com/diversity.html) handgun shirt.

oneslowgun
January 21, 2008, 11:48 PM
I want someone who will silk-screen my work shirts/denim shirts for a good price, and with a really fast turn around. I want it to look nice, and last well.

If I can get that, I would probably have 7-8 shirts done.

doc2rn
January 22, 2008, 12:42 AM
I wore out the one I had and havent bought one in awhile, but they are a hoot to get college profs all steamed up about RKBA.

dakotasin
January 22, 2008, 12:47 AM
i have and wear quite a few. the ones i like best are the prairie dog shirts: this is your brain (pic of a prairie dog w/ crosshairs on the front), this is your brain on hollowpoints (pic of misted prairie dog)...

second favorite: it ain't over 'til the fat barrel sings (prairie dog pic).

what the gun/shooting world really needs are shirts designed for girls (ages 4+). i buy every shooting-related shirt i can find for my daughters, and they love 'em - but they are hard to come by. my youngest daughter was wearing her 'girls shoot better' shirt today...

chris in va
January 22, 2008, 02:54 AM
The only shirts I would consider wearing would be something done in code.

Such as...RKBA or WWJMB do?

That way only the firearms savvy would get it.;)

Leitmotif
January 22, 2008, 03:46 AM
I'm not interested in anything with a brand name on it. However, there are a couple of shirts I like - mostly with stuff like quotes from Aliens.

Things I'd like:
A line drawing of a minigun with the legend "Use enough gun"
A tinfoil hat with the text "Why would I need one of these" on the front, and a pic of a handgun on the back with the text "When I have one of these"
A "Vote from the rooftops" shirt that doesn't suck

DFW1911
January 22, 2008, 09:31 AM
I don't normally wear firearms-brand-related clothing items. But who knows, let's see what you guys come up with.

Good luck,
DFW1911

romma
January 22, 2008, 09:37 AM
I'd like a bumper sticker that says "my Other Auto Is A Kahr"...

strat81
January 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
I have a "Vote From The Rooftops" shirt that I wear at the range and to gun shows. Gun show folks love it. My wife and I also have Molon Labe shirts from Correia that see more frequent use.

Cmdr Gravez0r's idea for M43 and a hammer and sickle would be cool for a hat.

RKBABob
January 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
Nope... no logos of any kind on my clothing. I like that clean, preppie look.

As for firearm-related clothing.... if I wanted everyone to know my position on firearms, I'd open carry! :neener:

romma
January 22, 2008, 11:57 AM
I have a "Vote From The Rooftops" shirt

Me too! Actually right now my only gun type t-shirt

Wedge
January 22, 2008, 01:10 PM
When I was in elementary school I had a "Right to keep and arm bears" and it had a Polar Bear with an AK on the front. Also had a "Kill a Commie for Mommie" and a "Mercenaries don't Die they just go to Hell to regroup" shirts. Those were my last gun related t-shirts. My parents thought they were funny and got them for me. That was 20 years ago, so maybe people actually had a sense of humor then? My parents and me probably would have been put into therapy today.

fletcher
January 22, 2008, 01:15 PM
Right now I just have a Gadsden shirt ("Don't Tread on Me") and a THR shirt. Nothing clearly gun related, though. I wouldn't mind having a branded shirt from one or two of my favorite manufacturers.

Mr White
January 22, 2008, 01:34 PM
You could sell a ton of these here.... until the cease and desist order is served.

http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=71609&stc=1&d=1201026301

akodo
January 22, 2008, 08:40 PM
I'd like to get just a plain hat with RKBA on it real big.

I'd like a shirt with the bill of rights printed on it, not just rewritten in modern text, but a picture of the parchment itself.

Dorryn
January 22, 2008, 10:00 PM
Nobody makes gun visors. It makes me mad. :fire:

cambeul41
January 22, 2008, 10:12 PM
I wore out the one I had and havent bought one in awhile, but they are a hoot to get college profs all steamed up about RKBA.

Wear something like that to one of my classes and you might be offered extra credit!

Cmdr. Gravez0r
January 23, 2008, 10:40 PM
"Mercenaries don't Die they just go to Hell to regroup"

and THAT is a classic. Maybe you could get in contact with Matt Bracken and borrow his "Don't tread on me" logo with the AR on it. A good modernization of that classic Liberty Style.

caltek1911
January 24, 2008, 02:18 AM
+1 on the classic "Mercenaries......"
Haven't seen that in a long time.

I don't have any, but I like the "Peace Through Superior Firepower" t-shirts at http://www.lifelibertyetc.com/t-shirts.aspx. The "Vote from the rooftops" is a good one also.

LiquidTension
January 24, 2008, 08:51 AM
I have 3 THR shirts, 2 SWR shirts, and one AAC shirt. For people not in the gun community, they don't stand out as gun related at all. The AAC shirt mentions silencers in very small print but that's it. I got a compliment on one of the SWR shirts one time, but apparently the guy thought they made bass amps or something. I try not to advertise much. Though I guess it doesn't matter when I walk around all day with a big gun on my hip :rolleyes:

Depending on style/design, I'd be up for buying shirts online.

Dope
January 24, 2008, 11:51 AM
I would buy gun-related t-shirts if they made some decent ones. Something simple, in black/grey for example, with just a logo or something on it. Typically they have giant pictures of guns all over the place and would probably get me fired ;)

Dope

HK G3
January 24, 2008, 03:31 PM
I would wear H&K hats/shirts. FN and Sig are other brands I would be interested in. Haven't ever seen any though, but manufacturer clothing is about as far as I want to go.

I wouldn't be caught dead wearing this kind of shirt, however:
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/rect-diversitybk.jpg

Way too tacky/poor taste.

30-06 lover
January 24, 2008, 07:47 PM
The only things I have displayed that are gun related is an NRA sticker and a Pheasant hunting sticker, both on my truck's back window. Anything else is just preaching to the choir or pissing off the other side. Neither of which helps anything IMO.

Regolith
January 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
I've got a fairly nice Ducks Unlimited T-shirt, but I don't usually go for anything much more obvious than that, mostly because I don't like to wear my politics on my sleeve, if you'll pardon the pun. I'm just a bit too much of an introvert for that.

4v50 Gary
January 24, 2008, 08:29 PM
Last things I bought were Molon Labe polo shirts. Before that it was the Hello Kalashnikitty t-shirts. I've got shirts with the logo of gun manufacturers.

sardog
January 24, 2008, 08:35 PM
I like to wear my tee shirts to a mall in a liberal collage town and laugh at the disgusted stares. :neener:

Nightwing
January 24, 2008, 08:50 PM
I stand by my idea for T-Shirt production of this original beauty:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/JoelLindow/CHUCKNORRIS2NDAMENDMENTcopy.jpg

frenchbushmaster
January 25, 2008, 02:26 PM
Yes I do !! ;)

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/frenchbushmaster/images%20divers/tee-shirtgun.jpg

Im283
January 25, 2008, 03:02 PM
I dunno about the t-shirts with snappy gun or shooting sayings on them'.

For example a shirt that says "kill them all and let God sort it out" or a sniper shirt. What would most likely happen if you were wearing a shirt that said that and you were involved in a shooting. You pic will be taken wearing that shirt or at minimum a cop will note what your shirt said. A prosecutor or district attorney will have a field day with that. No doubt they would be able to twist it into that you could not wait to shoot someone.

Best to not wear them things if you are going armed.

3/325
January 25, 2008, 03:15 PM
I just started selling my designs in mid-December. I've sold a few, but it's been slow. It's interesting to see that the poll results are fairly even; I hear a lot of the usual "I don't like to advertise" but I also know there's a large group of gun owners who open carry and don't have a problem with it, and others who like having them for the range.

Good luck on your designs!

http://www.bgstudios.com/rkba/rkba_logo_2sm.gif (http://www.cafepress.com/bgstudios)

Calibre44
January 25, 2008, 03:19 PM
I know it’s a cliché but I’d buy a T-Shirt if it had the slogan:

‘Give a man a spade and he can grow food to feed his family.
Give him a gun and he can make sure they live to eat that food.’

The funniest T-Shirt I’ve seen was when I visited you country and saw a huge fat guy with a T-Shirt on which read:

‘I beat Anorexia!’:D

In answer to your question – yes I would buy ‘Gun related T Shirts’ and have done so from America via ebay

Dope
January 25, 2008, 04:38 PM
I just started selling my designs in mid-December. I've sold a few, but it's been slow. It's interesting to see that the poll results are fairly even; I hear a lot of the usual "I don't like to advertise" but I also know there's a large group of gun owners who open carry and don't have a problem with it, and others who like having them for the range.

Good luck on your designs!

I like subtle, even to the point of not being understood by non-gunners. Some of yours are pretty decent. I like the caution about ejected casings one, I might buy one.

Dope

frenchbushmaster
January 25, 2008, 05:09 PM
For me wear a tee-shirt like these is only for the shooting range, competition or with friends who know why and who I'm.

For exemple SNIPER for me is an art. After someone could consider it's an agressive image.

I think it's funny but you could not wear these shirt every day life. It's like make jokes you could not make any joke with any body.

The only model I wear sometime are with just a logo. Like "H&K No compromis in red on a black shirt. Nobody understand and it's O.K.

:)

.cheese.
January 25, 2008, 05:16 PM
I buy 5.11 polos because they're durable... but they look like regular polos (no logo on them either), so I don't think they count as a "yes".

3/325
January 25, 2008, 07:40 PM
I like subtle, even to the point of not being understood by non-gunners. Some of yours are pretty decent. I like the caution about ejected casings one, I might buy one.

Dope
Thanks! If you hurry, you could be my second customer of the year! WOO-HOO! :)

I really like the shirts that are well-illustrated like the kind frenchbushmaster posted, but I just don't have the time to sit down and hammer those out.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun Related T-Shirts" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!